Finding somewhere to eat with kids in Bangkok can be a pain. Anything too exotic can be unsettling for little ones who might already be suffering from sensory overload, street food always comes with a risk for delicate bellies, and fast food franchises are hardly instilling your family with a sense of adventure (although one of those familiar signs can sometimes be a godsend when you have a hot and hungry child in tow). Thankfully, we can point you in the right direction so that even the pickiest eaters will have more than enough choice of what to eat.
The family restaurants in Bangkok selected in this list are located all over the city; a combination of places where you can have a nice meal and they cater to children, as well as restaurants that you would visit because you want to give your children a special treat for being so well behaved… or trying to be, at least.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Helix at EmQuartierSukhumvit - Phrom Phong
Helix is the fancy, futuristic dining section of EmQuartier Shopping Mall and is a great choice for finding a family meal in Bangkok for several reasons: there are close to 50 restaurants in total, it’s completely suitable for pushchairs, there’s a nice combination of regional food – from fancy independent restaurants and more value-for-money franchises – plus, everyone will enjoy the artwork, hanging plants and cascading waterfall built into the mall. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thurs 10:00 - 22:00; Fri - Sun 10:00 - 23:00
- BTS: Phrom Phong
- Address: 637 Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok
Benihana Japanese Restaurant offers guests two of Japan’s most popular dining options with a fusion-sushi section, and several cooking islands for teppanyaki (hot plate cooking). This restaurant is famed for its oversized signature sushi rolls and the larger-than-life teppanyaki chefs who entertain while they cook and offer a memorable show. Kids will certainly love the engaging cooking show which sees the chef juggling with salt and pepper shakers and catching eggs in his chef’s hat. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Lunch 11:30 – 14:30, Dinner 18:00 – 22:30
- Address: Ground Floor, Anantara Riverside Resort, 257/1-3 Charoennakorn Road, Thonburi, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 476 0022
Hajime Robot RestaurantRama 3
This Japanese-inspired barbeque restaurant is sure to amaze your children. When you order your food from the tableside digital menu, Hajime the Samurai Robot brings your food to you for you to cook. The menu includes typical yakiniku-style dishes of beef, pork, chicken and vegetables. It is one price for all you can eat, so arrive hungry and make sure you stick around for the in-house entertainment when the robot dances to pop songs to the delight of everyone. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 22:00 (buffet time 1:45 Hrs)
- Address: Monopoly Park, Rama3 Road between Soi61 and Soi 63, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 683 1670
Kra-Ton Flying Unicycle ChickenBang Na
The crazy name is matched by the unusual shenanigans at this popular Thai family restaurant on the outskirts of Bangkok (on the way to the airport). Picture the scene: freshly-cooked chickens are thrown from slings towards waiting staff balancing on unicycles who catch the chicken on spiked helmets and cycle them to your table.
I’m sure you’ll agree, kids and grown-ups will remember the spectacle for a long, long time. The restaurant serves a typical selection of Thai soups, salads and curries too, but it’s the chicken that everyone comes for! There’s also a live band and karaoke. The restaurant is a bit of a gimmick, but it’s a lot of fun too.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 23:00
- Address: 99/1 Bangna Trad (on the way to Suvarnabhumi International Airport)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 399 5202
With an ambiance similar to an oversized dollhouse, this café is a delightful break from the intense shopping experience found in Siam. Focusing on cakes and sweet treats, you can find many other restaurants in Siam for your main meal, but save dessert for this cosy orphanage-inspired café decorated with swinging teddy bears, rocking horses and toys to play with. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- BTS: Siam
- Address: 979 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan Bangkok, Thailand
Fun Café at Funarium PlaygroundSukhumvit – Phrom Phong
Don’t expect fine dining at The Funarium, but if you want to treat your children to a fun day in the ball park, climbing frame or drawing room, then you can enjoy a simple meal of Thai or western dishes from Fun Café. The menu caters to adults and children with particular favourites being the papaya salad and grilled chicken. The Funarium Playground is open to kids up to the age of 13. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 19:00 everyday
- Address: 111/1 Sukhumvit 26, Bangkok 10110
- Tel: +66 (0)2 665 6555
Cabbages and CondomsSukhumvit – Asok
Cabbages and Condoms in Bangkok is a restaurant with a difference. Using a quirky name to highlight a serious issue, it is a great place to enjoy some tasty Thai food knowing that part of the profit is going to a good cause. Money from your meal is used to support development programmes initiated by the Population and Community Development Association (PDA). The restaurant’s motto is “our food won’t make you pregnant” – one of the more unusual taglines we have seen in the city. The menu is huge, covering all regional Thai dishes, staff speak good English and the courtyard is very popular with visiting families. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:00
- Location: Sukhumvit Rd, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- BTS: Asok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 229 4610
Pet cafés in Bangkok are part of a growing trend across Asia, offering the chance to enjoy a drink and snack in the company of a furry friend. It started with cat cafés a few years ago and has now grown to include puppies and rabbits, too. The quality of the food may vary, but all of these Bangkok cafés promise a cuteness overload for visiting families. Some of the best cat cafés, dog cafés and even rabbit cafés in Bangkok are as follows:
- Cataholic café : Cat café next to Ratchatewi BTS Skytrain. Cats live in an air-conditioned playroom and seem well cared for. ()
- Lucky Bunny Café : Rabbit café in Lad Phrao, north of downtown Bangkok. Many rabbits hopping around on astroturf. ()
- Neverland Siberians : Café with scheduled playtimes for their pack of Husky dogs.
Similar to other shopping mall suggestions on this list, Siam Paragon is a great place to head for come meal times due to the pleasant, air-conditioned environment, pushchair access, and plenty of choice. The basement level of Paragon houses the largest amount of restaurants, but it can get rather crowded. Head up to the fourth floor and you will find a far more relaxed dining experience more suitable for families. Among the many restaurants, you will find a typical Thai venue with large dragon motifs, a couple of Japanese restaurants, an outlet of a famous seafood restaurant, along with many more. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00
- Location: At Siam BTS Station
- BTS: Siam
- Address: 991 Rama 1 Road, Puthumwan Bangkok, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 610 8000
Ruen Song NareeSukhumvit – Phrom Phong
Ruan Song Naree Restaurant is perfect for a nice family meal in Bangkok thanks to their impressive menu and experience in dealing with foreigners. The staff speak English, the menu is very authentically Thai but can accommodate western palates and the restaurant is easy to find on Sukhumvit Soi 33.
As well as a delivering a successfully authentic (and totally delicious) menu, the restaurant’s décor also helps to create that traditional, old-age Siamese feel, with its various Thai art installations, silk tablecloths and warm, wooden tones throughout. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – midnight, 7-days a week
- Address: Sukhumvit Soi 33 7/4-5, Bangkok, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 662 2804