Bangkok may not be the city of love, but come February 14th there are plenty of places that will leave your better half swooning. In fact, Valentine’s Day across Thailand is becoming an increasingly extravagant affair, and most of Bangkok’s top restaurants and bars hold special romantic evenings and themed events to mark the day (and help fill their seats!)
Whether you are looking for a dinner under the stars or a night on the river, we have picked out a selection of great places to enjoy the evening in style, perfect for those on a first date – or just reminiscing about years gone by. Remember, restaurants get full early for valentine's day so call them as soon as possible!
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Bangkok is even more beautiful at night, and there is nowhere more stunning than the Chao Phraya River. Join the Banyan Tree's cruise along the River of Kings, past the temples and palace on a renovated rice-barge.
You will be served a delicious Thai feast whilst you sail along, and if you're contemplating a proposal, the boat stops in front of Wat Arun (Temple of the Dawn), a stunning backdrop that is sure to guarantee the answer is 'Yes'! Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8pm to 10.15pm
- Location: River City Pier Ground Floor, 21/100 South Sathorn Road, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 679 1200
One of our favourite rooftops in Bangkok is laying on a special Valentine's Day treat. With nothing between you and the stars and Bangkok's buildings twinkling below this will be one of those nights that you talk about for years to come. The five-course fine-dining dinner will include a chilled glass of Champagne and a single red rose. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Location: 61st Floor, 21/100 South Sathorn Road, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0) 2679 1200
Sala Rim Naam at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok combines all the elements needed to be one of the best romantic Thai dining experiences in Bangkok. This is not easy to achieve with so many great restaurants all around town, and Sala Rim Naam succeeds by blending an amazing location by the riverside, not just near to the water but almost on top of it!
The service at Mandarin Oriental is legendary, but all this would be meaningless without the key ingredient of a truly great place: the food! The cuisine at Sala Rim Naam is elaborate but absolutely Thai. The menu is well designed for both beginners and those who are already familiar with Thai food but still want to be surprised. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 7pm to 10pm
- Location: 48 Oriental Avenue, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 659 9000
The ultra-exclusive and truly gorgeous Chakrabongse Villas is perched over the Chao Phraya River, set in a traditional Thai pavilion floating on its own private dock. Although you can get in the back door, the best way to come – especially if you’ve got a date – is by booking their private speed boat in advance; this takes you from the popular Central Sathorn Pier in front of Saphan Taksin BTS Station all the way to the impressive waterside entrance.
Offering a range of set menus only (including vegetarian and raw food options), with no a la carte, the menu at Chakrabongse Villa changes daily, but you can expect a lineup of all the Thai classics including tom yam kung, roasted duck with tamarind source, massaman curry and deep-fried sea bass with spicy dressing. Arrive just before sunset for the most dramatic views stretching over the water to Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn) and take time to explore the beautiful villa grounds that surround the restaurant before or after your meal. Read More...
- Location: Chakrabongse Villas & Residences, 396 Maharaj Road, Tatien, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 222 1290
The best way to a man's heart is via his stomach, and there's no better place to eat till you are content than Le Du. Despite a French-sounding name, Le Du is not a French restaurant at all… Le Du means 'Season' in Thai and categorizing its cuisine is a bit difficult.
It could be defined as young creative cuisine with Thai roots with touches from many international origins. The restaurant has low lighting and nooks perfect for whispering sweet nothings over dessert. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7pm to 10pm
- Location: 399/3 Silom 7 Alley, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 919 9969