5 Places to Celebrate Valentine's Day in Bangkok
FYI: Gentlemen, remember that Valentine's is on February 14!
Bangkok may not be the city of love, but come February the 14th there are plenty of places that will leave your better half swooning. In fact, Valentine’s Day across Thailand is becoming an increasingly extravagant affair, and most of Bangkok’s top restaurants and bars hold special romantic evenings and themed events to mark the day (and help fill their seats!)
Whether you are looking for a dinner under the stars or a night on the river, we have picked out a selection of great places to enjoy the evening in style, perfect for those on a first date - or just reminiscing about years gone by.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
Bangkok is even more beautiful at night, and there is nowhere more stunning than the Chao Phraya River. Join the Banyan Tree's cruise along the River of Kings, past the temples and palace on a renovated rice-barge. You will be served a delicious Thai feast whilst you sail along, and if you are contemplating a proposal, the boat stops in front of Wat Arun (Temple of the Dawn), a stunning backdrop that is sure to guarantee the answer is 'Yes'! Read More...
- Location: Departs from River City Pier at 20:00
One of our favourite rooftops in Bangkok is laying on a special Valentine's day treat. With nothing between you and the stars and Bangkok's buildings twinkling below this will be one of those nights that you talk about for years to come. The five course fine-dining dinner will include a chilled glass of Champagne and a single red rose. Read More...
- Location: Banyan Tree Bangkok, Sathorn Road
- Tel: +66 (0)2 679 1200
The French are known for their romantic ways, and one of the best places to get a taste of this in Bangkok is by heading to Scarlett Restaurant at Pullman Hotel Silom. The inside dining room is chic and the views out over the city from the open side of the restaurant is sure to impress. sophisticated and finds the perfect balance between a fine-dine atmosphere and a more casual setting, meaning conversation can flow much better – great if you’re on a first date. Exquisite French cuisine at this level is hard to find in Bangkok, so expect to pay well over 5,000 baht for a meal for two Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11.30 - 14.30, 18.30 - 23.30 pm, Closed on Sunday
- Location: Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, 37th Floor, 188 Silom Road
- BTS: Chong Nongsi
- Tel: (+66) 2238 1991
Sala Rim Nam at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok combines all the elements needed to be one of the best romantic Thai dining experiences in Bangkok. This is not easy to achieve with so many great restaurants all around town, and Sala Rim Nam succeeds by blending an amazing location by the riverside, not just near to the water but almost on top of it! Add to this the legendary Mandarin Oriental service, and of course all this would be meaningless without the key ingredient of a truly great place: the food! Prepared by Executive Chef Vichit Mukura, the cuisine at Sala Rim Nam is elaborate but absolutely Thai. The menu Read More...
- Opening Hours: Lunch 12:00 – 14:30, Dinner 19:00 – 22:30
- Address: Mandarin Oriental Riverside Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (2) 437 3080 ext 7333
The best way to a man's heart is via his stomach, and there's no better place to eat till you are content than Le Du. It's a new rising star on the culinary scene of Bangkok and you better go there now before the word is out and seats become hard to get. Despite a French sounding name, Le Du is not a French restaurant at all… Le Du means 'Season' in Thai and categorizing its cuisine is a bit difficult. It could be defined as Young Creative Cuisine with Thai Roots with touches from many international origins. The restaurant has low lighting and nooks, perfect for whispering sweet nothings Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11:30 - 14:30; Monday to Saturday 18:00 - 23:00 (Closed on Sundays)
- Location: 399/3 Silom Soi 7
- BTS: Chong Nonsi exit 4
- Tel: +66 (0)92 919 9969
You May Also Like