Private Thai Cooking Class in a Local's Home with Market Visit
Food & Drink
Browse the produce-packed stalls of the Klong Toey Fresh Market with an expert local home cook Pia, picking out seasonal ingredients and aromatic herbs to use in your cooking class. With your shopping bags full, head back to her home to prepare classic dishes with innovative twists on this private tour.
Meet up with Pia, a native Thai home cook who has been whipping up spicy regional dishes for decades, and start your day with a trip to the market. Help her pick out the day's ingredients, find out which spices and herbs are essential for creating the complex flavors used in Thai cooking, and then head back to her home to throw on an apron and get to cooking.
Choose between traditional recipes for tasty coconut cream curries and steamed fish, northeastern specialties like laap isaan (minced chicken with herbs and toasted rice), or more adventurous plates like spicy cricket salad and dry-roasted silkworms. Enjoy helping Pia create each dish from scratch, get tips on creating rich curry pastes, and then sit down to enjoy your meal while you chat with her about growing up in northeastern Thailand. Before you say your goodbyes, don't forget to grab copies of the recipes you used, and ask for tips on other culinary traditions to explore during your stay.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour