Private Half-Day Tour to Bangkok's Temples
Tours & Sightseeing
Embark on a revealing tour of Bangkok that takes you to extravagant Buddhist temples. Learn about the city’s religious and cultural beliefs as you stand before an enormous golden Buddha statue, walk through the fanciful halls of the ornate Wat Pho temple, and visit the White Marble Temple.
After being picked up at your hotel, head to Bangkok’s thriving Chinatown district, where the castle-like temple of Wat Traimit houses the invaluable Golden Buddha. The largest solid-gold Buddha statue in the world, this amazing figure stands 15 feet (4.5 m) tall and weighs approximately 5.5 tons. Your guide explains the history of this nearly 700-year-old statue as you tour the temple grounds.
Continue on through Chinatown until you arrive at Wat Pho, a large temple that is home to a gigantic gold-plated reclining Buddha with beautifully inlaid mother-of-pearl soles. An intricate complex with dozens of elaborately designed shrines, monuments, and cloisters, this compound is regarded as Thailand’s first center of public education.
Your final stop is at the White Marble Temple of Wat Benchamabophit, an elegant example of Thai architecture renowned for its stunning façade. Designed by famed Thai architect Prince Narissaranuwatwong, the temple was constructed of imported Italian marble. Before heading back to your hotel, be sure to stroll inside the main chapel, where you find another captivating Buddha image resting before a stunning sky-blue backdrop.Read More
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer