Private Full-Day Old Siam Tour
Explore more than 200 years of Bangkok's history with an expert guide. Travel along the ancient roads and learn to recognize the old capital of Siam alive and well within the modern city of Bangkok, uncovering many surprises as you visit ancient temples and monuments.
Your guide meets you at your hotel to begin your tour of the ancient capital of Siam. Travel along the main roads containing the ancient city center—ordered by King Rama IV to be built in the 19th century—which are oriented around the Grand Palace. As you navigate Charoen Krum, Bam Rung Muang, and Fueng Nakorn, your guide provides a historic overview of these streets, pointing out original businesses and examples of traditional architecture.
Stop at Wat Saket, a golden temple towering above Rattanakosin Island, which contains many relics of the ancient city. Climb to the top to witness a panorama of the city. Continue to Baan Bat, a Khmer community and modern site of traditional alms bowl craftsmanship. Walk over to Wat Suthat—a Buddhist temple—and the Giant Swing, an impressively large columned structure.
Eat lunch in a local restaurant before visiting Wat Ratchabophit, a glorious Buddhist temple featuring Benjarong ceramics. Finally, check out the Suan Pakkad Palace, a museum of Thai antiques and pottery dating back over 4,000 years.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance