Private Buddhist Monasteries & Grand Palace Half-Day Tour
Get a magnificent look at 3 of Bangkok's most amazing temples, and the former home of the kings of Thailand. This half-day tour shows you the stunning design that went into some of the best-known buildings in the country, made to showcase the grandeur of the capital.
Once you meet your guide, set out from your hotel to visit the home of the iconic Golden Buddha. Located in Bangkok's Chinatown, Wat Traimit hosts the largest solid gold Buddha image known to exist in the world—15 feet tall (4.5 m) and weighing almost 5.5 tons (4.9 mT). Not far away, you can see the grounds of Wat Pho, an extensive temple that holds an immense, gold plated reclining Buddha with beautifully inlaid mother-of-pearl soles.
Your next stop is the Grand Palace, former royal residence of the Chakri dynasty's kings and the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court. Built in 1782 for King Rama I, the palace served as the center of Thai power for more than 150 years. After you've explored the grounds of this monument to royal grandeur, your guide shows you back to your hotel.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour