Individual 5-Day Workshop at Blue Elephant Cooking School
Food & Drink
Hone your culinary skills and pick up techniques for preparing authentic Thai cuisine in this individual, 5-day cooking workshop. Go on market visits with a private chef, select fresh ingredients, and enjoy demonstrations and engaging hands-on classes to learn to cook—and enjoy—delicious Thai food.
Upon arrival at the renowned Blue Elephant Cooking School, meet your chef and instructor and discuss your personal culinary experiences and goals over a fresh herbal drink. Each day, focus on different dishes, ingredients, skills, and techniques. You might fry up rice noodles for typical phad thai, chop herbs for a fragrant green papaya salad, heat oil for crispy spring rolls, and prepare a different curries, spice pastes, and aromatic soups.
Your daily private cooking lessons include visits to the local Bang Rak morning market to select fresh ingredients for your meal. Each class begins with a customized demonstration on the delicate processes for preparing Thai foods, followed by a chance to put your new skills and knowledge to action in the kitchen. You also get to try your hand at the traditional Thai art of decorative fruit and vegetable carving to complete the presentation of your dishes.
At the end of every day, sit down in an exquisite restaurant setting with your teacher to sample your dishes and get feedback to improve your skills. At the end of the 5 days, take home a cooking set and Blue Elephant apron to use when you whip up your new repertoire of dishes back home.
Sample menu includes (subject to change):
- Pla neung ma nao (steamed fish)
- Plaa jien ta-krai (deep fried fish)
- Mah-Auan (steamed minced chicken)
- Peek kai yaad sai (stuffed chicken wings)
- Koong hom phaa (crispy paper prawns)
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer