At Blue Elephant Cooking School spice things up and make some of Thailand's most iconic foods at a dazzling century-old mansion. Learn about the rich history behind the recipes while you get a taste of the culinary wonders of Royal Thai Cuisine.
Upon arrival, meet your experienced chef and be greeted with a fresh and delicious Thai herbal drink. After discussing the 4-course meal you would like to create, follow your guide as you take the sky train and head to Bang Rak morning market. Look for ingredients that your chef has listed and search for fruits, vegetables, and a variety of spices before your way back to the school.
Put on your apron and pay attention as your professional chef demonstrates the delicate process of cooking Thai food using traditional methods. Next, try to follow the culinary guru as you make your 4 courses and notice how your sense of touch and smell makes a big difference in your food. After your hard work, feast on the delicious results in a convivial Thai setting.
Sample menu includes (subject to change):
- Tom klong plaa kra pong (spicy & sour sea bass soup)
- Phad kee mao sen chan (stir-fried rice noodle)
- Kaeng keaw waan kai (green chicken curry)
- Kaeng phed nua fuk thong (red beef curry)
- Kao maan som tum (green papaya salad)
- Kai phad nam ma-kham (stir-fried tamarind chicken sauce)