Chao Phraya Backwaters Morning Excursion
Cruises & Water Tours
Explore Bangkok by long-tail boat and get a glimpse into the timeless charm of the city. Drift deep into the heart of Bangkok and experience local life with visits to extraordinary places that are truly off the beaten track and only accessible via klongs, or canals.
Your tour starts at New Road Guest House, where you meet a friendly guide who takes you to a nearby pier to board a long-tail boat. Drift peacefully along the Chao Phraya, Bangkok's main river, with amazing backdrop views of the city's skyline, before making a turn and entering the klongs.
Pass a range of local wooden stilt houses with clothes hanging to be dried in the sun, with traditional Thai music emitting from the windows. Keep your eyes open for birds swooping and singing, and a few sunbathing lizards if you're lucky.
Make your first stop at the temple of Wat Khun Chan, where you're sure to be inspired by views of its statues and the river cutting through the landscape. From there, it's on to a local artist's quarter with quaint wooden walkways, vintage posters, and a small stupa reaching high into the sky. The quiet calm of this place is truly surreal.
Continue to an orchid farm and listen as your guide shares knowledge about these gorgeous plants. Another stop allows you the opportunity to feed catfish, with hundreds of the creatures making appearances. Soon, your boat docks at Pier 9, back on the Chao Phraya, where your tour comes to an end.Read More
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer