Bangkok Food Tasting & Spice Market Tour
Tours & Sightseeing
Explore the culinary offerings of Bangkok with visits to the historic Sam Yan and Nang Lerng food markets, followed by an authentic Thai lunch—complete with dessert—at a local restaurant.
Discover Bangkok's food culture with a journey to area markets, sampling regional produce and learning about the ingredients used in everyday Thai cooking. Start out with a morning market experience at the Sam Yan Market, tasting tropical fruit and meeting locals out on their morning shopping trip.
For some historical context, continue on to the Nang Lerng Market, a major trade center roughly a century ago when this area of Bangkok flourished. Now, the Nang Lerng Market offers historical insights into architecture—with its old-style wooden shop houses—as well as food. Launched in 1900, the Bangkok staple still serves traditional favorites like roasted red pork and grilled duck.
After perusing the markets' delicacies, continue to a small but famous local restaurant near Bangkok City Hall for an authentic Thai lunch. Cap off your meal with sarim, a popular Thai dessert made of colorful vermicelli served in coconut milk.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour