There are many things to do Sukhumvit, the commercial centre of Bangkok. Both sides of this long road are lined with international brand hotels, shopping malls, and trendy nightlife hotspots. Popular with Bangkok’s expat community and travellers to the city, Sukhumvit runs from the downtown area of Nana at one end to the suburban district of Bearing at the other.
You’ll also find family-friendly centres, many of which are conveniently within shopping malls, so the little ones can have a lot of fun while you get to enjoy some retail therapy. If you want to get more of a feel of the creative or historical side of Bangkok, Sukhumvit has traditional houses and art galleries as well.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Terminal 21 is a shopping mall in Asok, with a unique theme that recreates several world-famous cities under 1 roof. Find yourself wandering around a maze of shops in Tokyo City, sauntering down London’s Carnaby Street, bagging a bargain in an Istanbul zouk, or enjoying a wide range of cuisine at the Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco. The 9 floors at Terminal 21 Mall are all inspired by a different location, and the main hall is designed like an airport departures zone. This fun mall houses some 600 shops, a cinema, and a food court with all kinds of Thai and international fare. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: 88 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 108 0888
Octave Rooftop Bar & Lounge is a 4-storey nightlife venue within Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit. It stays open all day, but the best time to visit is towards the evenings when you can enjoy impressive sunset views of Bangkok. Head for the top floor to find the pièce de resistance: a 360-degree rooftop with a circular bar, where staff mix creative cocktails. Octave Rooftop Bar & Lounge is about 250 metres southeast of the Thong Lo Skytrain Station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Location: 45th Floor, Bangkok Marriott Hotel, Sukhumvit Road Soi 57, Klongtan Nua, Wattana Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 797 0000
Soi Cowboy is a red-light district in Sukhumvit, close to the Asok BTS Skytrain Station. It’s named after the cowboy hat-wearing African-American who opened the first bar here in the early 1970s. This alleyway has a more laidback, carnival-like feel to it than Patpong or Nana Plaza. Expect lots of flashing neon lights along a colourful streetscape that’s usually packed with expats, Japanese and western tourists. A lot of sexily dressed girls (and ladyboys) will try to lure you into one of the 20 or so go-go bars that line its sides. It's a good idea to visit Soi Cowboy with an open mind – entry is often free and drink prices are fixed. Read More...
- Location: Soi Cowboy, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Baan Kamthieng House Museum is a renovated teak house just beside Asoke, one of the busiest junctions on Sukhumvit. Even though it’s surrounded by towering hotels, condos and malls, the museum’s setting makes you feel like you’re in a northern Thai village rather than the middle of a bustling city. There are plenty of interesting displays that give you an insight into traditional rural life in Thailand. It’s worth a visit when you’re in the area, especially if you’re passionate about Thai history. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturdays from 9am to 5pm (closed on Sundays and Mondays)
- Location: 131 Asok Montri Rd, Khlong Toei, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 661 6470
Benjasiri Park is the place to be for sculpture lovers, as some of the best examples of Thai sculpture are scattered around the park. The centrepiece fountain, showcasing the work of master sculptor Mesium Yipinsoy, hosts multimedia water dance shows 3 times daily.
The park offers outdoor sports facilities rarely found at other public parks in Bangkok, including a basketball court, roller skating/skateboarding rink, tennis court, outdoor swimming pool, and a multi-purpose court for sports. Benjasiri Park is located next to the Emporium shopping mall, about 100 metres northwest of the Phrom Phong BTS Skytrain Station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5am to 9pm
- Location: Sukhumvit 22-24 Khlong Tan, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Lazgam Bangkok, located on the 5th floor of Holiday Inn Sukhumvit, offers a wide range of laser games that last around 15 minutes per session. The games centre is spread out across 2 floors within a maze of walls and partitions. There are several types of game to play but the most common are Teams, red vs blue, or Solo Play, which means every man for himself. Other game types available at Lazgam Bangkok include Alien Invasion, where 1 player starts as the alien and has to shoot people to turn them into aliens as well. Lazgam Bangkok is open to anyone aged 7 and over. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 2pm to 11pm, Friday from 2pm to midnight, Saturday from 10am to midnight, Sunday from 10am to 11pm
- Location: Holiday Inn, 5th Floor, Sukhumvit 22, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)64 878 5703
Flight Experience Bangkok is a simulation flight centre that’s popular among young children who dream of being pilots. The Boeing 737-800 flight simulator offers a fully immersive experience, which includes a check-in process, meeting your first officer and a pre-flight briefing before you can strap in with a 5-point seat harness and real aircraft headsets. The experience feels so realistic that the cockpit in Bangkok has even been used in local films and TV shows. Flight Experience Bangkok is located on the 2nd floor of Gateway Ekamai Shopping Mall. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: Gateway Ekamai Shopping Mall, 2nd Floor, 22 Sukhumvit Road, Prakanong, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 529 4616
Both kids and adults will love Kidzoona at Molly Fantasy, located on the 5th floor of Gateway Ekamai Shopping Mall. Whether it’s too hot or too rainy to be outside in Bangkok, it’s an excellent place for younger children to let off some steam, with a soft play area, inflatable slides, an overly pink merry go round and trucks and trikes to speed around on. Tickets give you all-day access to the play area.
Kidzoona is suitable for kids below 12 years old, but if you’re coming with teens, there are some arcade games at the entrance to Molly Fantasy that will keep them entertained for a while. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 9pm
- Location: Gateway Ekamai Shopping Mall, 2nd Floor, 22 Sukhumvit Road, Khlong Toei, Phra Khanong, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)65 524 1746