What to See & Do in Suvarnabhumi
Still a relatively new area, Survarnubhumi doesn't have much to boast in terms of shopping and tourist attractions. Its neighbouring areas like Samut Prakarn and Bangna, however, offer some worthwhile highlights. Caught between transits? Have a few hours to spare? The area around Suvarnabhumi Airport is dotted with sights and attractions that you can visit and still have time to be back in time for your check-in.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour
Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm
Home to over 60,000 crocodiles, Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm is the biggest in the world. Be thrilled by exciting crocodile shows and demonstrations. The farm also features elephant shows and other wildlife animals like tigers and bears. Read More about Samut Prakan Crocodile Farm here.
- Location: 30 kilometres from Bangkok in Samut Prakan
Talat Klongsuan Roi Pee (100 year-old Klongsuan Market)
Dating back to the reign of King Rama V, Talat Klong Suan Roi Pee offers not only a nostalgic ambience of Thailand's past, but also charming wooden shop houses selling vintage items and tasty local food. The market was once an important meeting point for villagers and people in the area because it was home to the community's only pier (to catch a boat to Bangkok).
Old-fashioned style cafs still serve freshly-brewed 'O Liang', a Thai version of expresso. Straddling two provinces (Chachoengsao and Samut Prakan), Klongsuan Market is probably the longest (over one kilometre in length) market by a canal in Thailand.
- Location: About 20 kilometres from Suvarnabhumi Airport
- How to get there: Take the outbound Bangna-Trad Highway until to reach the km.35 post, then turn left at Thai Country Club. Continue about 15km, and turn left into Highway 3001 and keep going about 8km and you'll see the market sign.