Getting Around Suvarnabhumi
Travel and Local Information Guide
Getting to the city centre is relatively easy as there are plenty of taxis and buses available. The nearest Skytrain (BTS) station is On Nut, a mere 20 minutes away from Siam. Travelling out of Bangkok, too, is a hassle-free experience as the Bangkok-Chonburi Highway, Bangna-Trat Highway and Burabhavithee Expressway provide quick and convenient access to popular places like Pattaya and Rayong.
The airport also boasts the 42,000 square metres Public Transportation Center, where all kinds of transportation service are offered.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
The Airport bus runs every half and hour and costs 150 baht to downtown Bangkok. The bus can be found on the first floor, at Gate 8 from 05:00 to midnight.
- AE1: Suvarnabhumi - Silom
- AE2: Suvarnabhumi - Bang Lampoo
- AE3: Suvarnabhumi - Sukhumvit
- AE4: Suvarnabhumi - Victory Monument-Hua Lamphong Train Station
Public Bus Service to Bangkok and other areas
- Bus Number 549 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Minburi via Ladkrabang Road, Rom Klao Road, Sihaburanukit Road and Seri Thai Road. The route ends at Bangkapi.
- Bus Number 550 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Happy Land via Ladkrabang Road, On-Nut Road, Sri Nakarin Road, turning left to Lad Prao Road and turning right to Happy Land.
- Bus Number 551 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to the Victory Monument via New Bangkok - Chonburi Expressway.
- Bus Number 552 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to the On-Nut BTS Skytrain station via Bangna-Bangpakong Road.
- Bus Number 553 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Samut Prakan province via Ladkrabang Road.
- Bus Number 554 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Muang Airport via New Bangkok-Chonburi Expressway.
- Bus Number 555 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Rangsit.
- Bus Number 556 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Southern Bus Terminal via Yommarat and Democracy Monument.
- Bus Number 557 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Wongwien Yai via Rom Klao Junction.
- Bus Number 558 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Central Rama II via Bangna route.
- Bus Number 559 - From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Future Park Rangsit via Dream World.
Intercity Bus Service
Fares are collected according to destinations. Tickets can be purchased at the Public Transportation Centre
- Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Lam Chabang - Pattaya
- Bus Number 9904 - Chatuchak - Suvarnabhumi - Motorway - Chonburi
- Bus Number 9905 - Chatuchak - Suvarnabhumi - Pattaya (Jomthien)
Car Rental & Limousine
All car rentals and limousine service can be found at the Public Transportation Center.
Additional of 50 baht fee is charged for taxis leaving Suvarnabhumi. The average cost of metered taxi from central business area to the airport using the Expressway (excluding Expressway fees) is around 200-300 baht.
Free 24-hour shuttle bus service is provided for passengers and airport staff with Express Route connecting the Main Terminal directly to the Transport Centre and Ordinary Route to other airport facilities.