Ardel's Third Place Gallery
Ardel's Third Place Gallery promotes the works of contemporary artists in Bangkok. The art gallery is the brainchild of an art professor from Silpakorn University, one of Thailand’s leading art institutions. There’s also a workshop area for special events. Previous exhibits at Ardel’s Third Place include Anak Navaraj’s Scratched the Surface photo exhibit, Nino Sarabutra’s mixed media Live, Love & Let Die and Seiji Kunishima’s Sculpture Wrapped Memory.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 10am to 6pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 137-137/1 Sukhumvit 63, Klongtan-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 422 2092
Benjakitti Park covers a rectangular area of about 208,000 sq m just opposite the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. The park forms a narrow swathe of green around the expansive Lake Ratchada, with dedicated bicycle and jogging tracks encircling the whole park. The water’s edge is also nicely framed by some pretty, well-maintained plant life, and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5am to 9pm
- Location: Ratchadaphisek Rd, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Funarium Indoor Playground
Funarium Indoor Playground may look like a warehouse from outside, but once you step inside and through the childproof gates, you’ll find 2,000 sq m of activities. This indoor playground has a large climbing structure, a soft play, sand and water area, an arts and crafts centre, and baking station. The entire space is air-conditioned, meaning Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 9am to 6pm, Friday–Sunday from 9am to 7pm
- Location: 111/1 Sukhumvit 26 Alley, Watthana, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 665 6555
Museum of Science & Planetarium (Science Center for Education Bangkok)
The Museum of Science & Planetarium in Bangkok is an excellent spot to learn about science and technology, natural history, the environment, and deep space in informal surroundings. The science centre often hosts special events, lectures and discussions on science, astrology and related subjects.
Check out the onsite planetarium, which has a giant projection of the Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 9.30am to 4.30pm (closed on Mondays)
- Address: 928 Sukhumvit Rd, Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (2)391 0544
Pridi Banomyong Institute
Pridi Banomyong Institute promotes Thai arts and culture in Bangkok. This tree-shrouded building complex commemorates Pridi Banomyong, one of Thailand’s most important historical figures. Events include monthly art movie screenings, stage performances by aspiring Thai artists, cultural seminars and workshops.
If you go on a non-event day, you might have the entire place to yourself. Walk all the way to the open courtyard in the back, passing through a wooden walkway, and you will see 2 tiny art spaces displaying works of several artists.
- Opening Hours: Monday¬–Saturday from 8.30am to 4.30pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 65/1 55 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 929 4246
Rama IX Park
Rama IX Park is one of the largest green spaces in Bangkok, with a beautiful botanical garden, huge lake and gardens inspired by countries around the world. A visit to this urban park is a great break from the city. Located in the outskirts of Bangkok, Rama IX Park remains relatively free of tourists and offers Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5am to 7pm
- Location: Rama IX Road, Suan Luang, Prawet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand