Ardel's Third Place Gallery
Housed inside a three-storey loft – The Third Place – Ardel’s art gallery occupies the first level floor space which is also used as a workshop area for special events. The brainchild of an art professor from Thailand’s leading art institution – Silpakorn University – Ardel promotes the works of contemporary Thai artists as well as those from across disciplines. Previous exhibits at Ardel’s Third Place include Anak Navaraj’s ‘Scratched the Surface’ photo exhibit, Nino Sarabutra’s mixed media ‘Live, Love & Let Die’ and Seiji Kunishima’s ‘Sculpture Wrapped Memory’.
- Opening Hours: 10:30 – 19:00 (Tue-Sat), 10:30 – 17:30 (Sun), Closed Monday
- Location: The Third Place, Thonglor Soi 10
- Tel: +66 (0)2 422 2092
B'Blossom Beauty & Spa Bangkok
B'Blossom Beauty & Spa Bangkok is a nice and convenient option around Thonglor. In fact, the clean and neat shophouse is directly below Thong Lo BTS station. It’s a massage shop where you will get served in a calm and polite manner, from the moment step into the spa until after you leave. All the therapists Read More...
- BTS: Thong Lo
- Tel: +66 (0) 63 873 8480
- How to get there: BTS Thong Lo in between of BTS Exit(1) and Exit(3). In between of Sukhumvit 53 and Sukhumvit 53/1 (Beside of 7-11 convenient store)
Overlooking one of the most picturesque views of the downtown Bangkok skyline, Benjakitti Park covers a rectangular area of 130 rais (208,000sqms) opposite the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. The park forms a narrow swathe of green around the expansive Lake Ratchada, with dedicated bicycle and jogging tracks encircling the whole park. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 05:00 - 20:00 daily
- Location: Lake Ratchada, Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre
- MRT: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center
- BTS: Asok
- How to get there: From BTS (exit 4), walk about 5 minutes towards Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. If you take the MRT, walk towards Asok-Montri for about 5 minutes.
Funarium Indoor Playground
If you want a guaranteed hit for the small children in your family, then Funarium Indoor Playground in Bangkok is the place to go. This large entertainment area may look like a warehouse from outside, but once you step inside and through the childproof gates - to prevent them from getting out, rather than in of Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 19:00 everyday
- Address: 111/1 Sukhumvit 26, Bangkok 10110
- Tel: +66 (0)2 665 6555
La Lanta Fine Art
Located in one of Bangkok's most affluent districts on Sukhumvit Soi 31, La Lanta Fine Art offers contemporary artwork in the form of painting, sculpture, photography and fine art prints by established Thai and international artists.
La Lanta Fine Art represents artistic talent from Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, China, Japan, Denmark, Israel, Belgium, Australia, the UK and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tues - Sat 10:00 – 19:00 Closed on Monday
- Address: 245/14 Sukhumvit Soi 31 Sukhumvit Road Klongtan Nua, Wattana Bangkok 10110 (BTS Prompong Station exit 5)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 2605381, +66 (0)2 2040583 Fax: +66 (0)2 2040582
Museum of Science & Planetarium
Here youngsters can learn about science and technology, natural history, the environment and deep space in informal surroundings. The Science Museum aims to open the door on scientific experimentation and discovery with special events, lectures and discussions on science, astrology and related subjects.
The Planetarium has a giant projection of the solar system and a section Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 16:00 (Closed on Mondays and public holidays)
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Address: 928 Sukumvit Road, Next Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai), near Ekkamai BTS Station on Sukhumvit Road
- Tel: + 66 (2) 391 0544
Pridi Banomyong Institute
This tree-shrouded building complex dedicated to the important historical figure Pridi Banomyong is a venue for promoting Thai arts and culture. It hosts monthly art movies, stage performances by aspiring Thai artists as well as cultural seminars and workshops. If you go on a non-event day, you’ll find it quite deserted. Walk all the way to the open courtyard in the back, passing through a wooden walkway, and you will see two tiny art spaces displaying works of random artists. But unless you come with a specific purpose, e.g. watching art movies, then you might want to skip this place.
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 17:30 (Tue-Sun)
- Location: Between Thonglor Soi 3 and 5
- Tel: +66 (0)2 530 5198, +66 (0)2 391 3807
Rama IX Park
Rama IX Park is the largest green space in Bangkok, with a beautiful botanical garden, large lake and gardens inspired by countries around the world. Built in 1987 to celebrate King Bhumibol’s 60th Birthday, a visit to this large park on the outskirts of Bangkok is a great break from the city and, despite all the Read More...
- Location: 15 minutes from Udom Suk BTS by taxi
- Address: Suan Luang Rama 9, Sukumvit 103 Road (Udom Suk)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 32813856
- Price Range: Entrance 10 Baht