Ardel's Third Place Gallery
Housed inside a three-storey loft – The Third Place – Ardel’s art gallery occupies the first level floor space which is also used as a workshop area for special events. The brainchild of an art professor from Thailand’s leading art institution – Silpakorn University – Ardel promotes the works of contemporary Thai artists as well as those from across disciplines. Previous exhibits at Ardel’s Third Place include Anak Navaraj’s ‘Scratched the Surface’ photo exhibit, Nino Sarabutra’s mixed media ‘Live, Love & Let Die’ and Seiji Kunishima’s ‘Sculpture Wrapped Memory’.
- Opening Hours: 10:30 – 19:00 (Tue-Sat), 10:30 – 17:30 (Sun), Closed Monday
- Location: The Third Place, Thonglor Soi 10
- Tel: +66 (0)2 422 2092
Overlooking one of the most picturesque views of the downtown Bangkok skyline, Benjakitti Park covers a rectangular area of 130 rais (208,000sqms) opposite the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. The park forms a narrow swathe of green around the expansive Lake Ratchada, with dedicated bicycle and jogging tracks encircling the whole park. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 05:00 - 20:00 daily
- Location: Lake Ratchada, Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre
- MRT: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center
- BTS: Asok
- How to get there: From BTS (exit 4), walk about 5 minutes towards Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. If you take the MRT, walk towards Asok-Montri for about 5 minutes.
One of the most endearing features of Bangkok is the city's numerous parks where abundant greenery sprouts amongst towering sky scrapers and congested roads. Check out our Bangkok Parks and Activities page for more information on parks in the city. Built in 1992 to celebrate Queen Sirikit's 60th birthday, Benjasiri Park is often referred to as Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:00-21:00
- BTS: Phrom Phong
- Address: Next to the Emporium Shopping Centre, Sukhumvit 23
Dinosaur Planet Theme Park Bangkok
Dinosaur Planet Bangkok is a theme park dedicated to prehistoric beasts, from the snarling T-rex to packs of Velociraptors. Opening in 2016, the amusement park will be located in the Phrom Phong area of Sukhumvit and will feature up to 200 life size models of popular dinosaurs. This promises to be very popular a place to Read More...
- Location: Sukhumvit Road, Phrom Phong (next to Benjasiri Park)
Escape Hunt Bangkok
"There’s been a murder!" And so begins your task to uncover the evidence and solve the clues needed to complete Escape Hunt, one of the most enjoyable activities in central Bangkok. It is essentially a live puzzle game in which your group of two to five players have to piece together evidence against the clock. The Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:30 to 20:30 (first game at 10:00, last game at 19:00)
- BTS: Asok
- Address: Interchange 21 Building (Citibank), Level B2, Asok Intersection
- Tel: +66 (0)2 611 2828
- Price Range: 600 baht to 900 baht per person, depending on the size of the group
Flight Experience Bangkok
A simulation flight is an extra-special gift for everyone, from young children who dream of being pilots to those who have a passion for planes, and according to research it can even help those who are scared of flying find their wings. The experience feels so realistic that the cockpit in Bangkok has even been used Read More...
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Address: Gateway Ekamai, 2nd Floor, Sukumvit road, Klong Toey, Phra Khanong, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 048 9922, +66 (0)84 614 2694 and +66 (0)92 529 4616
- Price Range: a 30 minute flight experience costs 4,550 baht; a 60 minute flight experience costs 6,900 baht
Funarium Indoor Playground
If you want a guaranteed hit for the small children in your family, then Funarium Indoor Playground in Bangkok is the place to go. This large entertainment area may look like a warehouse from outside, but once you step inside and through the childproof gates - to prevent them from getting out, rather than in of Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 19:00 everyday
- Address: 111/1 Sukhumvit 26, Bangkok 10110
- Tel: +66 (0)2 665 6555
A beautiful, stilted 19th rice farmer's teak house transplanted from the banks of Chiang Mai's Ping River to Bangkok in 1964, Kamthieng House is now the headquarters of the Siam Society - a place dedicated to preserving and promoting Thai culture and heritage. Inside is a collection of agricultural and domestic items - woven fish baskets and Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 17:00 (Tuesday – Saturday)
- BTS: Asoke
- Address: 131 Soi Asoke, north of Sukhumvit on Soi 21
La Lanta Fine Art
Located in one of Bangkok's most affluent districts on Sukhumvit Soi 31, La Lanta Fine Art offers contemporary artwork in the form of painting, sculpture, photography and fine art prints by established Thai and international artists.
La Lanta Fine Art represents artistic talent from Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, China, Japan, Denmark, Israel, Belgium, Australia, the UK and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tues - Sat 10:00 – 19:00 Closed on Monday
- Address: 245/14 Sukhumvit Soi 31 Sukhumvit Road Klongtan Nua, Wattana Bangkok 10110 (BTS Prompong Station exit 5)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 2605381, +66 (0)2 2040583 Fax: +66 (0)2 2040582
Lazgam Laser Games Bangkok
Laser games in Bangkok have been few and far between in recent years so when Lazgam opened in early 2016 we were happy to have a family friendly, all-weather activity to try. Games last 15 minutes and really get the heart racing. Located on the fifth floor of the Holiday Inn Sukhumvit, Lazgam Bangkok is spread Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00-22:00
- Location: 5th floor Holiday Inn Sukhumvit Hotel, Sukhumvit Soi 22
- BTS: Asok or Phrom Phong
- Tel: +66 (0)2 663 7703
- Price Range: 300-350 baht per 15-minute game
Museum of Science & Planetarium
Here youngsters can learn about science and technology, natural history, the environment and deep space in informal surroundings. The Science Museum aims to open the door on scientific experimentation and discovery with special events, lectures and discussions on science, astrology and related subjects.
The Planetarium has a giant projection of the solar system and a section Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 16:00 (Closed on Mondays and public holidays)
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Address: 928 Sukumvit Road, Next Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai), near Ekkamai BTS Station on Sukhumvit Road
- Tel: + 66 (2) 391 0544
Pridi Banomyong Institute
This tree-shrouded building complex dedicated to the important historical figure Pridi Banomyong is a venue for promoting Thai arts and culture. It hosts monthly art movies, stage performances by aspiring Thai artists as well as cultural seminars and workshops. If you go on a non-event day, you’ll find it quite deserted. Walk all the way to the open courtyard in the back, passing through a wooden walkway, and you will see two tiny art spaces displaying works of random artists. But unless you come with a specific purpose, e.g. watching art movies, then you might want to skip this place.
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 17:30 (Tue-Sun)
- Location: Between Thonglor Soi 3 and 5
- Tel: +66 (0)2 530 5198, +66 (0)2 391 3807
Rama IX Park
Rama IX Park is the largest green space in Bangkok, with a beautiful botanical garden, large lake and gardens inspired by countries around the world. Built in 1987 to celebrate King Bhumibol’s 60th Birthday, a visit to this large park on the outskirts of Bangkok is a great break from the city and, despite all the Read More...
- Location: 15 minutes from Udom Suk BTS by taxi
- Address: Suan Luang Rama 9, Sukumvit 103 Road (Udom Suk)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 32813856
- Price Range: Entrance 10 Baht
Snow Town Bangkok at Gateway Ekkamai
Snow Town Bangkok is an indoor themed village and play area with 30-40 cm of artificial snow located in Gateway Ekkamai shopping mall. Inside the air conditioned hall there is a Main Street with Japanese restaurants, shops and a playground. There is also a modest slope with sleighs and skis for rent so you can Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11.00 - 22.00, Saturday - Sunday and Holidays 10.00 - 22.00
- Location: Fifth Floor, Gateway Ekkamai, Sukhumvit Road
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Price Range: From 80 baht for young children, 100 baht for older children and adults (gear rental and activities require additional fees)
Terminal 21 brings the dream of traveling the world to downtown Bangkok, with its cutting-edge concept that places several world-famous cities under one roof. Find yourself wandering around a maze of shops in Tokyo City, sauntering down London’s Carnaby Street, bagging a bargain in an Istanbul zouk, or shopping for something to fill your growling stomach Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00
- Location: Sukhumvit Road (between Soi 19 and 21)
- BTS: Asok (direct access via Skywalk)