1st Time in Sukhumvit
What To Do In Sukhumvit on your First Visit
This guide is for first time visitors in Sukhumvit, Bangkok’s largest and most important street. In its entirety, Sukhumvit Road stretches all the way to the Cambodian border, but we are only dealing with the 10km stretch that cuts east through downtown Bangkok. This area of the capital lacks the traditional tourist landmarks found elsewhere, but people are often charmed by its authenticity and ‘big city’ appeal.
Even if your hotel is not located nearby, first time visitors to Bangkok will almost certainly hear the name ‘Suk-hum-vit’ again and again due to its importance in relation to shopping, dining and leisure activities. The many shopping malls, restaurants, fashionable bars, luxury hotels and famous clubs give the area an international, urban vibe, and it is one of the most popular areas for expats to base themselves. Of course, many of the finest things to see and do around Sukhumvit are located down small streets or ‘sois’. To help make you initial exploration as rewarding as possible, here are our picks of what to do on day one in Sukhumvit.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer