Where to see sepak takraw in Bangkok
Bangkok Activities & Leisure
Recreational sepak takraw can be seen played in the city's public parks, fairgrounds, city streets, courtyards of 'wats' (temples), Sanam Luang (near the Grand Palace), on construction sites or anywhere with just a few feet of open space...
All that is required is a rattan or plastic ball. The dazzling spectacle of the sepak takraw variety also features a net and requires a remarkable combination of flexibility, speed, power, mental alertness and acrobatic skill.
Played every evening, from about 17:00 until 21:00.
- Location: Sukhumvit Road, between Soi 22 and 24 (next to Emporium shopping mall)
- BTS: Phrom Phong BTS station
Hua Mak Stadium
Played every evening from around 17:00 until 19:00.
- Location: 2088 Ramkamheang Road, Huamark, Bangkapi
- Tel: +66 (0)2 318 0940-4
Played every evening from around 17:00 until 20:00.
- Location: Rama I Road, Patumwan
- BTS: National Stadium station
- Tel: + 66 (0)2 214 0120
Every Saturday and Sunday morning, until about 10:00. Hoop takraw competitions are held here in the evenings, from around 17:30 onwards. The best time to catch the action is during summer (February to April).
- Location: Ratchadamnoern Road, Banglamphu (near Wat Phra Kaew)
Wachirabenchatat Park (Rotfai Park)
- Location: Kampaengphet 3 Road, Ladyao, Chatuchak (near Chatuchak Weekend Market)
- BTS: Mo Chit BTS station, or Kampaeng Phet MRT station