Sepak Takraw in Bangkok
Activities in Bangkok
Essentially a net game played with feet, 'sepak takraw' is a hybrid of football (soccer) and volleyball with a bit of gymnastics and kung fu thrown in. Countless variations of the game are played throughout the region, but the basic objective of each is to keep the hollow, grapefruit-sized ball from touching the ground - while its on your side of the net - by keeping it airborne with the feet, knees, head, shoulders, elbows - or almost every part of the body, except the hands. A point is scored when the ball falls on the ground on the opponent's territory.
A typical sepak takraw match is filled with lots of adrenaline, thrill and curious acrobatic moves. Each side has three players - the tekong is at the back and two at the front, standing on the tekong's left and right, forming a triangular shape. The game involves alternating attacks and defenses, with the attacking team performing a high-flying scissor kick to send the ball over the net and essentially bury it into the ground.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer