Lumpini Park (or Lumphini Park) is one of the largest green spaces in central Bangkok. Founded in the 1920s, this inner-city park spans over 500,000 sq m and is home to various flora and fauna. Over the years, it's become a popular gathering spot for Bangkok residents, who would gather for a round of jogging, light workouts, aerobics, and leisure activities throughout the day.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Highlights at Lumpini Park
Lumpini Park appeals to just about everyone – you'll often find the elderly practising tai chi and couples lounging by the lakeside, as well as 9-to-5 workers relaxing on benches and enjoying exercise in the evenings. On weekends, this green space is often populated by families and the cheery sounds of children.
What to do at Lumpini Park
Lumpini Park's onsite facilities include paddleboats, playgrounds, and an outdoor gym. Before sunset, you can sweat it out at Lumphini Park's free aerobics sessions and high-energy techno tunes. There's also a basketball court if you want to shoot some hoops. Local jazz outfits (sometimes a classical orchestra) often perform during late Sunday afternoons.
If a stroll through the park is more your style, just follow the maze-like pathways that overlook lush gardens, picnic areas, and an artificial lake. There are plenty of sheltered niches where you could read, meditate or have a picnic.
Good to know about Lumphini Park
Lumpini Park is framed by the roads Rama IV, Ratchadamri, Sarasin and Wireless. You can get there by taking the MRT train to the Lumphini or Silom Stations, both of which are right in front of this expansive park.
Lumpini Park in Bangkok
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4.30am to 9pm
- Location: Rama IV Rd, Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand