Beat Bangkok's heat and stage your holiday on the ice at the city's great ice-skating rinks. An ideal way to spend time with your family, ice-skating offers plenty of fun for kids and parents alike. Remember to wear something warm and comfortable, such as long, thick socks, jeans, and gloves to help cushion you against unexpected falls. Check out our guide on where to go ice-skating in Bangkok – many of these venues are within the city’s famous shopping malls, so you can easily enjoy some shopping and dining after a round in the rink.
Imperial World Ice Skating
Imperial World Ice Skating is an Olympic-size rink on the top floor of Imperial World Samrong. It also comes with extensive skating facilities, such as first aid, training room, changing room, and a pro shop. If you're a tad wobbly, learn how to steady yourself from a Thai national coach. A basic course has 10 classes to be completed within 12 weeks.
- Opening Hours: Monday and Wednesday–Friday from 11.30pm to 8.45pm, Tuesday from 11.30am to 7.45pm, Saturday–Sunday from 11am to 7.15pm
- Location: Imperial World, 999 Sukhumvit Rd, Samrong Nuea, Samut Prakan 10270, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 380 4230
The Rink Ice Arena
The Rink Ice Arena sits in an open atrium on the 2nd floor of CentralWorld Shopping Mall in Bangkok. The rink occupies what used to be an exhibition area, surrounded by brand-name clothing shops. ‘Practice penguins’ are available for young learners to help them stay balanced and feel supported throughout the experience. If you want to learn from the pros, you can join their ‘Elite Learn to Skate’ course, which includes 10 classes for 5 weeks.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: CentralWorld, 99/9 Rama I Rd, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 875 1212
Sub-Zero Ice Skate Club Sukhumvit
Sub-Zero Ice Skate Club has several branches in Bangkok, defying the city's relentless heat with a unique ice-skating experience. Its outlet at Major Cineplex Sukhumvit combines a rink with a nightclub and karaoke in a sub-zero environment. You can glide and twirl around or take lessons from the pros. Once the sun goes down, Sub Zero Ice Skate Club becomes a swanky club with strobe lights, live DJs, and blades-strapped 'Angel Dancers'. Onsite ice bars serve light snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 12pm to 9pm, Saturday–Sunday from 11am to 9pm
- Location: 9th Floor, Major Cineplex Sukhumvit, 1239 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 511 5553