Bangkok Ice Skating
Activities in Bangkok
Beat Bangkok's heat and stage your own holiday on ice at the city's many rinks. An ideal (and fun) way to spend time with your family, ice skating provides non-stop thrill for kids and parents alike. Remember to wear something warm and comfortable. Long, thick socks, jeans, and gloves are recommended as they will cushion against unexpected falls.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Occupying 1,900sqm of space on the 6th and 7th floors of Siam Discovery Centre, an upscale shopping malls with brand name boutiques from AX Armani Exchange to Kipling, Ice Planet features a standard Olympic sized rink that can easily host a game of ice hockey or an figure skating choreography competition. There’s also a skating school (for ice hockey and figure skate), a nicely decked out lounge and an indoor English garden for relaxing with a cup of tea. You pay a flat fee per 90 minutes, which is inclusive of skates and locker rental.
- Opening Hours: 10:00-20:00
- Location: 7th floor, Siam Discovery Center
- BTS: Siam
- Tel: +66 (0)2 658 0071
Imperial World Ice Skating
Located on the top floor of Imperial World Samrong, just 15 minutes outside Bangkok, Imperial World Ice Skating is the one and only Olympic-size rink complete with skating facilities like first aid, training room, changing room, and Pro Shop. If you're a tad wobbly, learn how to steady yourself from seasoned pros (lessons cost 300 to 3,000 baht depending on a coach). The rink offers two sessions daily (10:00 - 14:45 and 15:10 - 20:00). Admission is 150 baht per session, inclusive of skate rental. Non-skaters admission is 30 baht.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 20:00
- Location: 999 Sukhumvit Road, Samrong Nua, Samutprakarn (take BTS to On Nut station and grab a taxi from there).
- Tel: +66(0)2 756 8217-9
Open Ice Skate
Open Ice Skate is a smaller rink located on the fourth floor of Imperial Lad Prao. Like the name suggests, this rink is open so don't be surprised if your skating skills are admired by onlookers from every floor above. All-day skating costs 100 baht from Monday to Friday, 120 baht on weekends, inclusive of skate rental. Admission for non-skaters is 30 baht. Lessons (around 30 - 45 minutes) from qualified coaches can also be had.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 21:00
- Location: Imperial Lad Prao (Big C Superstore), Lad Prao
- Tel: +66 (0)2 934 9252-3
Unlike most other pre-existing ice-skating rinks, which are housed inside an enclosed space usually on the top floor of a shopping mall, The Rink sits in an open atrium on the first floor of CentralWorld shopping complex. The space occupies what used to be the exhibition area, surrounded by brand name clothing shops and B2S retail store. While you might need to use a lot of imagination to get the feel of the real outdoor rink, think New York’s Rockyfeller Center or London’s Sommerset House, The Rink is a delightful alternative to the otherwise nondescript rinks elsewhere.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: CentralWorld (Forum zone)
Sub Zero Ice Skate Club
A brand new rink to grace The Big Mango, Sub Zero Ice Skate Club defies the city's relentless heat with a unique ice skating experience that combines a rink with a night club and karaoke in a sub zero environment. Glide and twirl around or take lessons from the pros. Once the sun goes down, Sub Zero Ice Skate Club will transform itself into a swanky club with strobe lights, live DJs, and blades-strapped 'Angel Dancers'. Light snacks and drinks are also served on the 'ice bars' - bars made from real ice. Sub Zero is literally a 'cool' place to just hang out with friends and family even if you lack the much-needed balancing skills. Two sessions are offered daily (11:00 - 17:00 and 17:30 - 01:00).
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 01:00
- Location: Esplanade, Ratchada Road (MRT Thailand Cultural Centre Station)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 354 2134