Bangkok Yoga & Pilates
Bangkok Health Information0
Yoga, an ancient form of Hindu philosophy and spiritual practice, is really about creating balance in the body through developing both strength and flexibility. This is done through the performance of poses, each of which has specific physical benefits. The poses can be done quickly in succession, creating heat in the body through movement or more slowly to increase stamina and perfect the alignment of the pose. There is an ideal way that each pose should be done in order to achieve satisfactory results.
Hot yoga is a series of yoga poses done in a heated room. The room is usually maintained at a temperature of 95 - 100 degrees Fahrenheit. As you can imagine, a vigorous yoga session at this temperature promotes profuse sweating which rids the body of toxins. It also makes the body very warm, and therefore more flexible.
Pilates is a physical fitness system that was developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates. Pilates exercises teach awareness of breath and alignment of the spine, and strengthen the deep torso muscles, which are important to help alleviate and prevent back pain. It also helps build your body's core strength and posture through a series of stretching and conditioning exercises.
Plenty of fitness centres in Bangkok offer yoga and Pilates classes, including the hot yoga.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
- Location: 4th Floor, Amarin Plaza, Ploenchit
- Tel: +66 (0)2 252 4400
Yoga Elements Studio
- Location: 29 Vanissa Building 23rd Floor, Soi Chitlom
- Tel: +66 (0)2 655 5671
The Pilatestudio Bangkok
- Location: 888/58-9 Mahatun Plaza, Ploenchit
- Tel: +66 (0)2 650 7797
Iyengar Yoga Studio
- Location: 3rd Floor, Fiftyfifth Plaza, Sukhumvit 55 (Soi Thonglor)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 714 9924
- Location: 117 Sukhumvit 63, Wattana
- Tel: +66 (0)2 391 6487
All Seasons Studio
- Location: Unit 801, 8th Floor, CRC Tower-All Seasons Place, 87 Wireless Road
- Tel: +66 (0)2 685 3775
You May Also Like