1st Time in Silom
What to Do in Silom in One Day
First time visitors to Silom will be amazed by how much this downtown area of Bangkok changes throughout the day. During working hours, sharply dressed business folk create a formal, professional vibe best felt in the morning as everyone is grabbing coffees on their way to work and at lunch when the masses descend from the glass and steel office towers to eat lunch in the myriad restaurants and food markets all around Silom.
But once the sun sets, a different side of Silom can be seen. Market traders move in from sunset onwards, turning the whole area into a lively street market, with all manner of items for sale. Of course, Patpong is a big draw for visitors, with its brand-name replicas and naked girly bars appealing to huge cross-section of visitors to Bangkok. So too are the famous gay streets of Silom – namely, Soi 2 and 4 – which cater to the LGBT community with bars, restaurants and nightclubs.
The changing nature of Silom is fascinating to experience and for that reason everyone is encouraged to do a little exploring here. Plus, there is Bangkok’s biggest downtown park at one end and the mighty Chao Phraya River at the other so you can escape the urban jungle if the sight of concrete and cars gets too much.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer