Bangkok Best Tailors
The best tailors in Bangkok are renowned for quality craftsmanship at affordable prices. Ranked high on most visitors' must-buy lists, tailor-made clothing is an excellent choice, especially when you can't seem to find a perfect fit in ready-to-wear shops. Bangkok’s best tailors are famed for their swift sewing and diligent service, with fans all over the world who come to Bangkok to have their clothes tailored to their exact specifications. Although choosing a good tailor can be a daunting task in a city where tailor shops are ubiquitous, with our growing list of the best bespoke tailors in Bangkok you can be sure to find skilled craftsmen who can deliver on quality, style and advice.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Visit
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Here are some tips...
- Don't fall for cheap packages or special deals advertised in glossy brochures advertising a suit, a pair of trousers and two shirts for, say, US$ 95. Chances are good you'll end up paying much more than what you wanted to and having to settle for inferior quality.
- If you don't know where to go, your hotel should be able to give you a few pointers. Many of the bigger hotels also have a reliable, good quality service on the premises for tailor-made clothing.
- To save time and energy, and if you have a specific design in mind, make sure you arrive at the tailor's equipped with something for them to copy.
- Ask to see some examples of their work. Inspect the stitching, lining, quality of fabric used and general workmanship.
- Unless you really don't have anything to wear or are pressed for time, the ready-in-24-hours option should be avoided. Bear in mind that proper tailoring does require time and patience to ensure desirable results.
- Expect at least two to three fittings (the first to take your measurements, and one or two fitting sessions) to get your suit looking just the way you want it.
The best and most easily accessible places to find tailors are around the major hotels and business areas like Silom, Surawong and Sukhumvit Road (from Nana to Asoke). If the tailor you've chosen doesn't have the fabric you want, take a trip to Pahurat Textile Market to select your own. While you're there, don't forget to look out for Thai silk, which is great for making shirts, blouses, gowns and cocktail or evening dresses.