Asiatique has successfully combined two of the most popular shopping experiences in the city: a night bazaar and a mall. Ten minutes downriver from Saphan Taksin BTS station this once-bustling international trade port has been transformed, with over 1,500 boutiques and 40 restaurants housed under a huge replica warehouse complex. Open from 17:00, spending an evening Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00-midnight
- Location: Chareonkrung Soi 74-76
- How to get there: The easiest and fastest way to get there is via boat. Take the BTS to Saphan Taksin and jump on the free shuttle at the end of the pier. It only takes ten minutes, and the boat runs until 23:00. Taxis are not recommended as the traffic can be terrible in this area.
Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Night Market
Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Night Market is taking Bangkok night markets to new heights. You will find a nice selection of shopping and dining here, combined with modern, urban and often wacky art pieces, much of it made from recycled and scrap materials. The concept behind the night market is that ‘nothing is useless’ and we’re Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 23:00
- Location: 462 Sirindhorn Rd, on the western outskirts of Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)81 817 2888
Chatuchak Friday Night Market
The massive Chatuchak Market fills up every weekend, but not many know that you can actually come here for some night time shopping on Fridays, as vendors set up their stalls from around 21:00 until late. Expect much of the same as in the day on Saturdays and Sundays – just less heat, fewer people and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Fridays 21:00-03:00
- Location: Mo Chit BTS or Kampheng Phet MRT Station
JJ Green Night Market might just be the coolest place to shop in Bangkok, with its much more chilled-out, bohemian vibes when compared to the capital’s gargantuan Chatuchak Weekend Market just down the road.
Part vintage flea market, part local drinking hangout, JJ Green is best visited on Thursday to Sunday evening, from 17:00 to 01:00, Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday-Sunday 17:00-01:00
- Location: 1 Kamphaeng Phet 3, Chatuchak
The centre of the backpackers' universe is bursting with fun, tacky and useful things to blow your baht on. Its ubiquitous travel shops can arrange your outward journey, whether it be flights, trains or bus tickets. The many tailors will happily whip you up a sharp suit ready for when you arrive back from the islands. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 15:00-02:00
- Location: Khao San Road
Khlong Lod Night Market
Khlong Lod Night Market, a reincarnation of the one in Sanam Luang, is dedicated to food and second-hand goods. If anything, the price of goods is very cheap, and if you look around carefully enough, you will find some worthwhile items to add to your room, closet, or private souvenir collection. Once a haphazard market consisting Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00-midnight
- Location: From Rattanakosin Hotel on Ratchadamnoen Klang Road
Khlong Thom Market
Khlong Thom Market, formerly known as 'Flashlight Market' due to the fact that shoppers need a torch to view the goods (when shopping at night), is especially crowded late on Saturday evenings. Jam-packed with motley vendor stalls and displays, the market is best known for its secondhand goods and assorted knick-knacks. Covering areas of Luang, Worachak and Charoenkrung, Suar Pa Roads, Khlong Thom has everything from spare car parts, DVDs and CDs, electronic devices to clothing items and toys. Besides the roadside stalls, there's also a three-storey Khlong Thom Centre (close to Worachak Road) where car accessories and toys are for sale.
- Opening Hours: Saturday, from 17:00 until Sunday (about 17:00)
- Location: Corner of Worachak Road and Chao Kamrop Road
Major Ratchoyothin Market
This market offers basically the same as Khlong San, but in the northern part of the city. Items on sale are a bit trendier as well, and with the market located next to the Major Ratchoyothin Cinema and IMAX complex, you can catch a flick before or after shopping around. A few bargain shops and eateries are also in the shopping complex.
- Opening Hours: 16:00 - 23:00 (every day)
- How to get there: The easiest way is to take the MRT subway to Phahonyothin station, catch a tuk-tuk and tell him to take you to 'talat' (market) Major Ratchoyothin. Bus number 543 runs by Major Ratchoyothin, or, just take a taxi from BTS Mo Chit station to the market.
Patpong Night Market
After recently cleaning up its act, Patpong's become one of the 'must' night shopping destinations for avid shoppers. Found in the built-up area known as Silom, the place is always busy and chaotic with all the commotion from the Go-Go bars nearby and lots of foreign tourists. This market in Bangkok's notorious nightlife district is often Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 - around 01:00 (every day)
- How to get there: Coming from BTS Siam station, depart at Sala Daeng station and exit down one of the right-hand stairs. Follow the increasing trail of vendors along the sidewalk, and after five minutes, you'll know you're there.
Rod Fai Market 1 (Srinakarin Road)
At Rod Fai Market, a huge open-air bazaar in the eastern suburbs of Bangkok, the vintage look never goes out of style. Spread on the ground is all kinds of collectibles and memorabilia from the yesteryear, from antique furniture to hippy fashion to Mao kitsch. Rod Fai Market definitely stands out from the hordes of outdoor Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - midnight (Thurs-Sun)
- Location: Srinakarin Road Soi 51 (behind Seacon Square)
- BTS: On Nut (closest station but still requires a taxi journey)
Rod Fai Market 2 (Ratchada)
The new Rot Fai Market in the Ratchada area of Bangkok is bringing the same convivial night bazaar feel, antiques curios, and street food snacks and treats from its original location, into an area of the city that is much easier to access thanks to the nearby Cultural Centre MRT Underground Station.
This new Train Market Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 to 24:00, Thursday to Sunday
- Location: Ratcadaphisek Road (close to Esplanade Shopping Mall)
Saphan Phut Night Market
Every evening (except Wednesdays) the area around the Memorial Bridge (known amongst Thais as Saphan Plut) on the Rattankosin side of the river is packed with vendors and shoppers trading for apparels and entertainment items include T-shirts, sneakers, jeans, related accessories, DVD’s, CD’s, video games and more.
Some counterfeit brand-name clothing like Ralph Lauren, Armani, Fred Perry as well as creative pieces can be found; plenty of food stalls, too. Bartering is almost not necessary, as the prices are amazingly cheap. The market is popular amongst local teen shoppers. It opens from 17:30 (or later on a rainy day) until around midnight.
- Opening Hours: 17:30 – 24:00 (closed on Wednesdays)
- Location: The Memorial Bridge or Saphan Phut Chao Phraya pier
Silom Road Walking Street (Sunday)
Silom Walking Street sees one of Bangkok’s most famous roads closed down, making way for huge pedestrianized zone that gets packed-out with hundreds of food, fashion, and electronics vendors. It runs every Sunday from 15:00 until around 22:00 and is particular easy to find in the center of Bangkok – directly underneath Sala Daeng BTS Station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sundays 15:00-22:00
- Location: Silom Road (Sala Daeng BTS)
Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchada
Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchada is a night market located on Ratchada Road, close to Lad Phrao MRT Underground Station. With 1,800 stalls, shops, restaurants and plenty of entertainment options, it is looking to recreate the experience of the original Sun Lum Night Bazaar, which was a mainstay on tourists’ itineraries until it closed several years Read More...
Sukhumvit Street Market (Nana)
A lot of Nana shopping exists on the street, with the vendors that make up the roadside market fringing the main road. This part of Bangkok is also known as the Middle Eastern quarter –'Little Arabia’, where many Arab businesses set up shop. Street stalls selling counterfeit T-shirts, bags, trinkets, DVD's, CD’s and eastern-influenced apparel contribute Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 22:30
- BTS: Nana
- Address: Sukhumvit sois 2-12 and sois 3-15