Asiatique successfully combines 2 of the most popular shopping experiences in the city: a night bazaar and a mall. About 10 minutes downriver from Saphan Taksin BTS station, this once-bustling international trade port transformed with over 1,500 boutiques and 40 restaurants housed under a huge replica warehouse complex.
Open from 4pm, spending an evening here is Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 4pm to midnight
- Location: 2194 Charoenkrung Road, Wat Phraya Krai, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 246 0812
Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Night Market
Chang Chui Bangkok Plane Night Market takes Bangkok night markets to ‘new heights’. You will find a nice selection of shopping and dining here, combined with modern, urban and often wacky art pieces, much of it made from recycled and scrap materials. The concept behind the night market is that ‘nothing is useless’ and we’re confident Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Tuesday from 4pm to 11pm (closed on Wednesdays)
- Location: 460/8 Sirindhorn Rd, Bang Phlat, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 817 2888
Chatuchak Friday Night Market
The massive Chatuchak Market fills up every weekend, but not many know that you can actually come here for some nighttime shopping on Fridays, as vendors set up their stalls from around 9pm until late. You can expect much of the same as in the day on Saturdays and Sundays – just less heat, fewer people Read More...
- Opening Hours: Fridays from 9pm to 3am
- Location: Chatuchak Park, Kamphaeng Phet 2 Rd, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Khaosan is the centre of the backpackers' universe – it’s bursting with fun, tacky and useful things to blow your baht on. Its ubiquitous travel shops can arrange your outward journey, whether it be flights, trains or bus tickets. The many tailors will happily whip you up a sharp suit ready for when you arrive back Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 3pm to 2am
- Location: Khao San Road, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Khlong Thom Market
Khlong Thom Market, formerly known as 'Flashlight Market' due to the fact that shoppers need a torch to view the goods (when shopping at night), is especially crowded late on Saturday evenings. Jam-packed with motley vendor stalls and displays, the market is best known for its secondhand goods and assorted knick-knacks.
Covering areas of Luang, Worachak and Charoenkrung, Suar Pa Roads, Khlong Thom has everything from spare car parts, DVDs and CDs, electronic devices to clothing items and toys. Besides the roadside stalls, there's also a 3-storey Khlong Thom Centre (close to Worachak Road) where car accessories and toys are for sale.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 5pm
- Location: Worachak, Samphanthawong, Pomprapsattruphai, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Box Space Ratchayothin Night Market
Ratchayothin Night Market offers basically the same as Khlong San Market but in the northern part of the city. Items on sale here are a bit trendier as well, and with the market located next to the Major Ratchoyothin Cinema and IMAX complex, you can catch a flick before or after shopping around.
A few bargain shops and eateries are also in the shopping complex.
The easiest way is to take the MRT subway to Phahonyothin station, catch a tuk-tuk and tell him to take you to 'talat' (market) Major Ratchoyothin. Bus number 543 runs by Ratchoyothin, or, just take a taxi from BTS Mo Chit station to the market.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 6am to midnight, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to midnight
- Location: 20/126 Ratchadaphisek Rd, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 117 1111
Patpong Night Market
Patpong's become one of the 'must' night shopping destinations for avid shoppers. Found in the built-up area known as Silom, the place is always busy and chaotic with all the commotion from the go-go bars nearby and lots of foreign tourists. This market in Bangkok's notorious nightlife district is often the first and easiest stop for Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to midnight (some stalls open later)
- Location: 1 Patpong Rd, Suriyawong, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Rod Fai Market 1 (Srinakarin Road)
At Rod Fai Market, a huge open-air bazaar in the eastern suburbs of Bangkok, the vintage look never goes out of style. Spread on the ground is all kinds of collectables and memorabilia from the yesteryear, from antique furniture to hippy fashion to Mao kitsch.
Rod Fai Market definitely stands out from the hordes of outdoor Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Sunday from 5pm to 1am (closed Monday–Wednesday)
- Location: 51 Srinagarindra Road, Nong Bon, Prawet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)8 1827 5885
Rod Fai Market 2 (Ratchada)
The newer Rod Fai Market in the Ratchada area of Bangkok brings the same convivial night bazaar feel, antique curios, and street-food snacks and treats from its original location, into an area of the city that is much easier to access thanks to the nearby Cultural Centre MRT Underground Station.
This new Bangkok train market is Read More...
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Sunday from 5pm to midnight (closed Monday–Wednesday)
- Location: Ratchadaphisek Road, Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)92 713 5599
Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchada
Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchada is a night market on Ratchada Road, close to Lad Phrao MRT Underground Station. With 1,800 stalls, shops, restaurants and plenty of entertainment options, it is looking to recreate the experience of the original Sun Lum Night Bazaar, which was a mainstay on tourists’ itineraries until it closed several years ago. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to midnight
- Location: 5 Ratchadaphisek Rd, Chom Phon, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
- MRT: Lad Prao
- Tel: +66 (0)2 938 1471
Sukhumvit Street Market (Nana)
A lot of Nana shopping exists on the street, with the vendors that make up the roadside market fringing the main road. This part of Bangkok is also known as the Middle Eastern quarter – 'Little Arabia’, where many Arab businesses set up shop.
Street stalls selling counterfeit T-shirts, bags, trinkets, DVDs, CDs and eastern-influenced apparel Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7pm to 1am (some stalls close early)
- Location: Sukhumvit Road Soi 1–20, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- BTS: Nana