Or Tor Kor Market in Bangkok
World's 4th Best Fresh Market0
Ranked the 4th best fresh market in the world by a famous travel guide, Or Tor Kor is so much more than a local market. Products displayed here are selected among the best found in the entire country. With such an incredible range of beautiful fruits, extremely fresh vegetables, meats and seafood, Or Tor Kor should be on the list of Must-See of any chef or budding Gordon Ramsey, and it's just next to Chatuchak Weekend Market!
Or Tor Kor Market is a nice place to stroll around, whether you are just browsing, taking photos, or actually doing some grocery shopping. Fresh, large-sized fruit of all types and varieties is what it is mostly known for, but you will also find a wide range of vegetables, seafood, pre-cut meats and flowers.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Snacks and Thai sweets are also plentiful, whether the traditional kind or modern varieties, such as kanom krok (grilled coconut pancakes), sticky rice sweets, steamed palm sugar desserts, kanom bueng (coconut crepes), and many more. Ready-to-eat meals come in all varieties, types and servings. Steamed fish curry custard, som tam, chili pastes, chili dips, fresh herbs and spices, green curry, red curry, vegetables stir-fried dishes, deep-fried fish, and grilled prawns are all available at Or Tor Kor Market.
Other highlights include ready-cut and custom-cut meats, seafood, fresh mackerel (plaa too), dried meats and the various condiments used in Thai cooking. There is also a small food court selling delicious Thai food, including braised duck noodles, fried oyster pancakes, pad thai and various noodle soups, although at a slightly higher price than most other places. Adjacent to the market, the Doi Kham shop features organic vegetables, spa products and other dry grocery items from the Royal Project.
Starting off as an agricultural collective, Or Tor Kor Market has grown over the years into an upscale outdoor food market. It is probably one of the few markets that have ritzy business tycoons and their families among its regular clients. So, expect the prices to be higher (but still affordable) than at other outdoor food markets.
Or Tor Kor Market
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 06:00 - 20:00 (every day)
- Location: Kamphaengphet Road, opposite Chatuchak Weekend Market
- MRT: Kamphaeng Phet
- How to get there: Take the MRT subway to Kamphaeng Phet station. Exit number three, and you're in the market.