Isetan at Central World in Pathumwan is the Bangkok branch of the well-known Japanese department store. The name has an exclusive-sounding quality to it, and if you’ve visions of Louis Vuitton showpieces, you’re not far off. If there are brands the Japanese go moggy for, LV and Anna Sui are definitely among them.
Louis Vuitton handbags are one of the marks of desirability in modern-day Japan. While Isetan caters to a specific Japanese clientele, it does have an incredibly attractive supply of international as well as local products too. No-nonsense cosmetic counters stock the solution to your beauty needs and desires.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Isetan Bangkok highlights
Besides attracting the fashionable, families with kids visiting Isetan Bangkok will be drawn by the Kid's Department and enjoy offerings like Lego. For bookworms, Kinokuniya has a prominent presence here.
If you fancy a bottle of sake, look no further than the supermarket that has many Japanese products as well as some hybrid Asian items. Also, look out for the darling eateries, such as Minamoto Kitchoan which offers authentic confections straight from the Land of the Rising Sun.
Other things you can expect to find in glorious abundance are business suits, briefcases, bonsais and lots of little boxes of precious mementoes – ornamental fans, lace gloves, and tabi (split-toed socks). You can even have your business name cards printed on the 4th floor.
The Isetan Department store conveys that special attention to detail, a touch of delicacy that almost seems of another age. This thoughtfulness extends to the beloved who has to wait for their other-half to be properly outfitted, with benches alongside the escalators.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 9.30pm
- Location: Central World Shopping Center 4/1-4/2 Rama I Rd, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- BTS: Chidlom
- Tel: +66 (0)2 255 9898