Computers Shopping in Bangkok
Where to Buy Computers and Electronic in Bangkok
A wide range of computer products, audiovisual equipment and related paraphernalia can be found at Bangkok's numerous IT and Electronic malls and outlets, and sometimes at jaw-dropping low prices. A scandalous amount of hi-tech wares from across Asia make their way here, and provide a shopping experience bound to satisfy the savviest technology junkie. Despite crackdowns, there is still a torrent of computer hardware and software, CD's and DVD's of questionable origin or authenticity being sold. Beware of too-good-to-be-true deals, as they are often just that. Be sure to make purchases from reliable and legitimate vendors / outlets, and that you receive proof of guarantee. For the most part, prices are relatively cheaper than in most Western countries.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Visit
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Other IT Malls in Bangkok
This four-storey IT mall sits like a giant spaceship waiting to gobble up earthlings. The building’s futuristic design is part of its owner’s vision to create a digital lifestyle centre for displaying the latest IT gadgets as well as hosting IT-related events and activities. Besides big technology labels such as iStudio, True, Samsung, Fujitsu and Sony, you will find a lineup of independent shops offering IT accessories, sunglasses, computer games, digicams, camera lenses, and an entire floor’s space dedicated to Japanese eateries. Contrary to other IT malls around Bangkok, Digital Gateway has no counterfeit products; so, don’t come looking for them here.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Ploenchit Road (between Siam Square Soi 3 and 4, with direct access from BTS Siam exit 2)
- BTS: Siam
Fortune Town IT Mall
The Fortune Town shopping mall is attached to the Fortune Hotel, with the IT mall beginning on the fourth floor. Similar to Seacon, hardware items are more reliable than Pantip, while software is sold at extremely low prices. The IT area is spacious with friendly staff, making it an overall nicer shopping experience than Pantip.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 20:00 (every day)
- Location: The corner of Rama IX and Ratchadapisek Roads, directly in front of the Rama IX MRT subway station.
What to look out for (and what to avoid) at Pantip Plaza, the most famous Bangkok electronics mall. Pantip Plaza is the mother of all IT shops in Thailand and has gained legendary status as the place to find new and used computers and accessories at rock-bottom prices. Occupying a rather featureless building on Petchaburi Road, Pantip Plaza has also gained notoriety because of the widespread practice of selling counterfeit software, DVDs… and more sordid material. The mall itself has certainly seen better days, but like an old auntie that always has lots of candy when you go to visit, Pantip Plaza is still pulling in the punters thanks to Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 21:00 (every day).
- Location: Petchaburi Road, opposite Pratunam's City Complex
- BTS: Chidlom (but still quite a walk)
- How to get there: From BTS Chidlom, either hire a tuk-tuk/taxi or walk ten minutes down Ratchadamri Road past Central World on your left, over the Saen Saeb canal and then left on Phetburi Road. Walk about two blocks, and Pantip Plaza should be on your left.
Seacon Square, a 96 football-field sized entertainment centre, is one of Southeast Asia’s biggest malls. Apart from hundreds of shops and outlets selling everything a shopper's heart desires, including a huge IT mall, lots of family fun can be had on a rainy day at its indoor amusement park. The mall features a mini-golf course and a 14-theatre multiplex cinema, as well as a motion 'simulator' theatre. Come here if you want to let your kids loose, while you do your shopping. As Seacon Square is only 14km from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, it's a fantastic place to really break loose before a long flight. Or if you have the energy Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:30 - 21:00
- Location: Srinakarin Road (midway between On Nut Road and Bangna-Trad Road)
- BTS: Take a taxi from On Nut station
Located directly next to The Mall Bangkapi, Tawanna is a spacious open warehouse filled with mobile phone and IT counters, plus a few clothing vendors. The 'more affordable' alternative to its neighbor The Mall, this market is less touristy than other IT markets. Be sure to bring along a Thai-speaking friend to bargain for the best deals, as prices and products are similar to those at Pantip.
- Opening Hours: 14:00 - 19:00 (every day)
- Location: Lad Prao Road, Bangkapi
- How to get there: the Saen Saeb canal boat runs from Rachadamnern (near Kaosan Rd) through Plennchit, Pratunam, Siam, Thong Lor, Ekkamai, and stops directly behind The Mall Bangkapi (just next to Tawanna).
Zeer IT Mall
Zeer shopping complex is a mere three kilometers from Don Muang International Airport. IT items sold here are similar to those at Fortune and Seacon.
- Opening Hours: 10:30 - 21:00 (every day)
- Location: Phahonyotin Road, three kilometers past Don Muang International Airport
- How to get there: just tell the taxi driver to take you to Zeer's on Phahonyotin. You will pass the airport on Don Muang expressway, exit Phahonyotin Road, and go under the expressway where you should then see the complex on your right.
Hotels in Bangkok