Where to Shop and What to Buy in Sathorn
Sathorn is strictly a business district by day and a sybarite's playground at night, with a sophisticated lineup of pubs and restaurants tucked away in the many luxury hotels flanking the main thoroughfare. Not much room, then, is left for shopping, apart from a handful of hotel shopping boutiques. So, if you stay in Sathorn, venture to nearby Silom or hop on the BTS Skytrain at Saladaeng to do all your shopping in Siam, Rathchaprasong, or Sukhumvit.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Banyan Tree Gallery
Exclusive to Banyan Tree products, the Gallery is home to all in-house spa products and the hotel’s amenities. Essentially through staying at the Banyan Tree Hotel you get the chance to ‘test drive’ the products on offer - including sponges, towels, dressing gowns, slippers and cute animal beanies. As well as these, there are incense burners, oils, Banyan Tree perfume (delightful), teddy bears (of course) and bed linen.
For those who are not fortunate enough to be staying at the Banyan Tree, the gallery serves well as place where tokens of this famous Bangkok hotel can be purchased. It is also a dead cert for people looking for gifts to take back to loved ones. With quality that is reminiscent of Jim Thompson’s, you will be sure to find a suitable token from Thailand that carries the characteristics of the place.
- Location: 21/100, South Sathon Road, Sathon
- Tel: +66 (0) 2 679 1200
Q House Lumpini (Life Center) is a small but trendy lifestyle mall standing at the intersection of Rama IV and Sathorn Road, a rather busy area just at the corner of the popular Lumpini Park. You can't miss the futuristic blue glass tower of Q House, but the mall itself is quite discreet. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Location: Q House Building, 1 Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10500
- MRT: Lumpini
- Tel: 02 677-7177
Suan Plu Market
Nestled in the middle of Suan Plu is this part indoor market that is commonly frequented by locals who buy their fish, meat, fruit, vegetables and home cleaning products here. The market is also a great place to pick up flowers and is a good way to getter better acquainted with the city and its dwellers. Opposite here there are numerous street vendors, after wandering around the market-place it is always nice to proceed with a bowl of super tasty, 35 baht noodles.
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00
- Location: Suan Plu