Bangkok Rice Barge Cruise
Bangkok River Cruise Tours
This pleasant afternoon tour offers to give you a glimpse into Bangkok's early history, when life in the capital still revolved around the Chao Phraya River and its offshoot khlongs (canals). While modernisation has revolutionised the Chao Phraya riverscape, adding gleaming high rises and imposing concrete structures to the picture, the khlongs retain much of its charming character.
You only get half of the complete picture with a cruise down the main artery; this tour completes the other half with a journey down the complex system of Khlongs of Bangkok Noi. Starting with a speedboat journey up the river, passing Chinatown, the flower market at Pak Khlong, the Memorial Bridge and The Grand Palace, the boat then crosses over to the Bangkok Noi side, where you will experience local life as it once was along the lengths of Khlong Mon, Khlong Bangkhunsri and Khlong Chak Pra, and ending the first part of the tour at the majestic Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn).
The second part is all festive and fun. Leaving the long-tail boat behind, you will then embark a converted rice barge and enjoy a Thai fruit buffet along with ice-cold cocktails and mocktails, before bidding farewell to the afternoon back at the River City Pier.
Rice Barge Cruise
The express boat departs the River City Pier at 14:30. You will journey up the river, passing major attractions and landmarks, such as Chinatown, the Memorial Bridge, The Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Royal Barges Museum, then explore the khlongs of Bangkok Noi and Wat Arun.
At 16:00, embark the Wan Fah Rice Barge cruise and take in the riverside scenery as you enjoy a light feast of tropical fruit buffet with a few cocktails or mocktails.
Rice Barge Cruise by Express Boat (With Transfer)from THB700Remark:
- Minimum 2 Pax
- Rates are valid until 31 October 2015 and beyond unless stated otherwise.
- Child rates are applicable for child between 4 - 10 years.Above rates not applicable for festive days; Loy Kratong, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year Eve, Valentine Day.
- Round trip transfers from/to hotel
- Fresh tropical fruits and soft drinks
- Personal expenses such as tips, alcoholic beverage, etc
- Other services not mentioned on this programme
- The 'Rice Barge Cruise' leaves from the River City Pier 1
- Child fare is applicable to children between 4 and 10 years old
- Minimum 2 persons for join-in tours
Planning your holiday?Travelling as a group?We can help!
Let us arrange your holiday: Tell us your length of stay, budget limit or number of guests and we do the rest. We can design a holiday or tour to suit you, plus special discounts for groups. Contact us here or CALL US at Thailand : +66 2 694 5771, Malaysia : +60 3 2302 7556