This old shop house on Ekkamai Road is easy to spot thanks to the absolutely enormous stewing pot at the entrance. Bubbling away all day are tender cubes of braised beef in rich gravy that keeps the meat tender and deliciously succulent, with added flavour coming from the use of Chinese herbs such as star anise, cinnamon and small goji berries. Certainly, Wattana Panich Restaurant is among the very best local restaurants in Bangkok, and the open faced shophouse is so typically Thai it could be used in a movie set. This beef is served with noodles, starting from 80 baht for regular or 100 baht for a large bowl, and there is also the option of even more tender goat meat starting from 200 baht.
As is the norm in most local Bangkok restaurants, Wattana Panich has a range of noodles to choose from, with large, flat ‘sen yai’, medium sized ‘sen lek’, or hair-thin ‘sen mee’ noodles. Everyone has a different preference so it’s really up to you to try them all and see which you like best.
What to Order: Beef noodles – the type of noodle is up to you! (ก๋วยเตี๋ยวเนื้อ)
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 20:00
- Address: 336 Ekkamai Soi 18, Sukhumvit Road