This famous restaurant should be on everyone’s list of the best local restaurants in Bangkok. Commonly known as Ghost Gate (Pratu Pee), it is widely considered to serve the best pad Thai in Bangkok, which pretty much makes it the best in the world. Ingredients are incredibly fresh, portions are filling and, as it is cooked on charcoal at high heat, it is served moist but not at all oily. Plus, the sight of the row of woks being tossed over flames is a classic snapshot of Bangkok food culture.
Presented in a thin cocoon of egg, pad Thai at Thip Samai Restaurant bursts with steam and aroma when pierced, with options costing from 60 baht up to 200 baht. Also try the delicious 100% fresh orange juice brought direct from the countryside every day. Expect a queue and take any table you can find, either inside the open faced restaurant or on the stainless steel benches outside.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 01:00 (earlier on weekends)
- Location: 313 Mahachai Road, Old City (close to Wat Saket)