Getting Around Old City (Rattanakosin)
Travel and Local Information Guide
Not served by the Skytrain (BTS), your options for getting around Rattanakosin are limited to taxis tuk-tuks, walking or river taxis. We strongly recommend the latter. It's cheap, photogenic, and the stops dotted all along the Chao Phraya River hold many surprises in store. See our Chao Phraya River Guide.
Not imposingly large or hard to undertake, it's also a fascinating area to walk around, provided you have a comprehensive map in hand. Alternatively, with short distances between most sights, the Old City is a good place to commandeer a tuk-tuk, provided you agree a price before setting off.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer