Ratchada Attractions (Ratchadapisek)
What to See in Ratchada
There is little in the way of classic tourist attractions in this neck of the woods. There is, however, the modern Thailand Cultural Centre (MRT station Thailand Cultural Centre) where Thai and foreign performing arts and cultural shows take place all year round. The Social Education and Exhibition Building also accommodates a cultural library and the Thai Life Permanent Exhibition, which displays the history, culture and development of Thai people using modern technology.
Situated in a purpose built 2,000-seat theatre complex opposite is Siam Niramit (also on Thien Ruamit Road). Very popular with visitors, the show is an extravagant 80-minute romp through Thai history, customs and culture - all the things that have endured through the ages and that continue to fascinate outsiders. It's an extremely lavish affair, with ornate stage sets, spectacular costumes, special effects and a cast of hundreds.
The recently opened Esplanade shopping mall (right by MRT Thailand Cultural Centre station) also functions as an entertainment centre. There's a 26-lane bowling alley, ice-rink, a 13-cinema Major Cineplex, and a 1,500 seat auditorium. On top of these attractions, it's also striving to become a city hub for art and cultural activity (to provide 'arte-tainment') by putting on exhibitions and activities showcasing local music, sculpture, poetry, painting, performing arts, architecture and photography.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
Most Popular in Ratchada
Best Selling Hotels in Ratchada