Central Rama 9 (IX)
Central Plaza Rama 9 brings a ‘one-stop lifestyle entertainment shopping’ concept to the Ratchadapisek area. The seven-story shopping plaza houses some 300 shops, plus restaurants, cafés, SFX Cineplex, The Rink Ice Arena and anchor stores such as B2S, Power Buy, Uniqlo and Robinson Department Store. Occupying a prime location at the intersection of Rama IX and Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00
- Location: Corner of Rama IX and Ratchadapisek Roads
DC Show Shopping Mall in Bangkok
DC Show is part of a new breed of Bangkok malls that focuses on a complete range of entertainment offerings. Visitors can enjoy a 5,000 capacity live music concert hall, a modern sports arena, and a 5,000sqm cultural facility called the Himmapan Avatar: a 4D walkthrough theatre of holographic images and other extraordinary audio-visuals showing scenes Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 24:00
- Location: Chaturathit Road, Rama IX Road (opposite RCA and behind Rama IX Hospital)
- MRT: Rama IX
The Esplanade is a seven-storey shopping and entertainment complex with an innovative ‘artetainment’ concept. It offers a host of retail shops, restaurants, 12-screen Esplanade Cineplex, Sub Zero ice skating rink, B2S Bookstore, Tops Supermarket and the 1,500-seat Ratchadalai Musical Theatre.
With the Thailand Cultural Centre MRT underground at its doorstep, The Esplanade is very easy to Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00
- Location: Ratchada Road
- MRT: Thailand Cultural Center
Fortune Town IT Mall
The Fortune Town shopping mall is attached to the Fortune Hotel, with the IT mall beginning on the fourth floor. Similar to Seacon, hardware items are more reliable than Pantip, while software is sold at extremely low prices. The IT area is spacious with friendly staff, making it an overall nicer shopping experience than Pantip. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 20:00
- Location: The corner of Rama IX and Ratchadapisek Roads, directly in front of the Rama IX MRT subway station
The New Rot Fai Market Ratchada
The new Rot Fai Market in the Ratchada area of Bangkok is bringing the same convivial night bazaar feel, antiques curios, and street food snacks and treats from its original location, into an area of the city that is much easier to access thanks to the nearby Cultural Centre MRT Underground Station. Although the Srinakarin branch Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00-24:00 (Thursday-Sunday)
- Location: Ratcadaphisek Road (close to Esplanade Shopping Mall)
- MRT: National Cultural Centre
- Tel: +66 (0)92 713 5599
Papaya Vintage Shop
Papaya vintage is like no other shop you have even seen before. Many have heard of it but few have actually stepped inside it. It is so bizarre that some of the greatest and genuine vintage items on display are not even for sale! So, what kind of shop would do that?
If you haven't been Read More...
- Location: Soi Lat Pharo 55/2, Lat Pharo Road Wang Thong Lamg, Bangkok 10310
- Tel: 02 539 8220
Thousands of cars pour along Ratchadapisek Road - a busy, car-infested northern artery - each day. Consequently options for suburban shoppers have blossomed here, imposing shopping warehouses and malls popping up all along it. Superb MRT subway access means it's easy to get to. But the appeal for tourists is limited - besides the Ratchada Night Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – midnight
- Location: Ratchadapisek Soi 14
- Price Range: Admission to Dark Mansion - 320 baht (30 minutes)
The Street Ratchada Shopping Mall
The Street shopping mall in Ratchada is part of the new breed of Bangkok lifestyle complexes, which offer shopping, dining and entertainment all under one roof. It opened in early 2016 following a complete refurbishment of the old Robinson Department Store, just a couple of minutes’ walk from Thailand Cultural Centre MRT Underground Station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24 hours a day
- MRT: Thailand Cultural Centre
- Address: 139 Ratchadaphisek Rd (2 minutes’ walk north of Thailand Cultural Centre MRT Underground Station)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 232 1999
Strategically located opposite the ever-busy Central Lad Prao, Union Mall caters especially for a younger crowd, mainly university students, young office workers and those who find Central Lad Prao too expensive and Chatuchak Weekend Market too hot. Union Mall stands eight storeys tall with a total area of 150,000 square metres, housing over 1,000 retail shops. It boasts easy access from the MRT Phahon Yothin station, an international food court, a myriad of fast food chains, entertainment areas, tutorial schools, a fitness centre and a supermarket.
The open-air market just outside the air-conditioned mall is also worth a browse (open everyday from 17:00 onwards). You'll find an interesting range of clothing items, bags, shoes, and fashion accessories at affordable prices.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00
- Location: Lad Prao Intersection, opposite Central Lao Prao
- MRT: Phahon Yothin station