Baiyoke Floating Market
How can you possibly have a floating market on the 75th floor? Despite how unusual it sounds, the Baiyoke Floating Market is actually a novel idea, combining the fun of browsing at a market with the enjoyment of a Thai food buffet. The themed buffet style feels fresh and original and the food is as good Read More...
- BTS: Ratchathewi, plus taxi (not walking distance)
- Address: 75th Floor, Baiyoke Sky Hotel, 222 Ratchaprarop Road, Ratchathewi, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0) 2656 3000
If you can find some free time in between the shopping, or need a break away for variation, Pratunam has a few highlights to include on your itinerary. Just make sure you choose a smog-free day or time in Bangkok to venture up to the 77th observation floor and 84th floor revolving, open-air viewing deck of Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:30 (skywalk and rooftop observatory deck)
- Location: Ratchaprarob Soi 3, Pratunam
- Price Range: THB 300
Pantip Plaza IT Mall
What to look out for (and what to avoid) at Pantip Plaza, the most famous Bangkok electronics mall. Pantip Plaza is the mother of all IT shops in Thailand and has gained legendary status as the place to find new and used computers and accessories at rock-bottom prices. Occupying a rather featureless building on Petchaburi Road, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 21:00 (every day).
- Location: Petchaburi Road, opposite Pratunam's City Complex
- BTS: Chidlom (but still quite a walk)
- How to get there: From BTS Chidlom, either hire a tuk-tuk/taxi or walk ten minutes down Ratchadamri Road past Central World on your left, over the Saen Saeb canal and then left on Phetburi Road. Walk about two blocks, and Pantip Plaza should be on your left.
Pratunam Shopping Center
Platinum Fashion Mall is like an indoor version of the Chatuchak Weekend Market. It specializes in wholesale fashion clothing and accessories, with four floors of shopping space, packed with some 1,300 shops. Here, haggling is part of the fun, and you’ll save more buying in larger quantities. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00
- Location: Petchburi, Ratchathewi (next to Pantip Plaza)
- BTS: The nearest Skytrain station is Chidlom (but not really walking distance, you wll need a taxi or tuk yuk)
Red Sky Rooftop
Red Sky is a fancy rooftop bar and restaurant in Bangkok. While it doesn't offer striking riverside or treetop views that other rooftop bars enjoy, it has pretty impressive 360-degree panoramic vistas from its 55th floor, one of the most convenient locations in town.
If you visit Bangkok, chances are you will end up shopping in Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 01:00
- BTS: Siam or Chit Lom
- Address: 55th floor Centara Grand at CentralWorld, 999/99 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan
- Tel: +66 (0)2 100 1234
Suan Pakkad Palace
Suan Pakkad Palace is a place to find visions of Thailand you thought long since vanished in Bangkok. Its name means 'cabbage patch', in reference to when the land was nothing more than just that. Today, however, it's a well-tended tropical garden with serene ponds surrounding eight traditional Thai houses, each of which brims to overflowing Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 16:00
- Location: 352-354 Sri Ayudhya Road (five minutes walk from BTS Phaya Thai), nearest area Pratunam
- Tel: +66 (0)2 245 4934