Getting Around Pratunam
Travel and Local Information Guide
Although not on the BTS or Skytrain route, there are lots of taxis, tuk-tuks and buses giving easy access to other areas. It's an area with some good value first-class hotels, so if you're looking for a relatively central location with good, well-priced accommodation and of course the best kind of bargain shopping Bangkok has to offer, this is it. Near the intersection of Rachadamri and Phetburi Roads is also a boat stop, where you can catch a river taxi to experience the city's oldest form of transport on the Klong Saen Saep (canal) - all the way to the riverside. The closest Skytrain (BTS) stations are Chidlom and Ratchathewi.
Tourist warning: The popularity of Pratunam has made it the perfect breeding ground for conmen and tourist scams. Beware of taxi or tuk-tuk drivers - or anyone else for that matter - approaching you with all kinds of dubious offers. Thai people are polite, reserved, and would seldom approach strangers. Also negotiate tuk-tuk fares upfront, and use only metered taxis.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
Most Popular in Pratunam