Beach Road is the epicentre of activity in Pattaya. This 4km stretch of road looks out towards the Gulf of Thailand and is lined with the finest shopping opportunities this beach city has to offer, be it international-standard shopping malls, street stalls or great value tailors and boutiques. As this is Pattaya, the notorious nightlife scene is never far away, bringing an energy and fun-filled atmosphere to this palm tree-shaded avenue. Baht buses zip along the one way street taking happy travellers from one end to the other making shopping trips quick and convenient. Here is our list of the top 5 shopping experiences on Pattaya Beach Road:
- Tiffany's Cabaret Show With VIP Seating
- Alcazar Cabaret Show with Transfers
- Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark Thailand
- Ko Samet Island Full-Day Excursion
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Half-Day Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Koh Larn Coral Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Elephant Trekking Half-Day Tour
- VIP Fast-Track Service: Pattaya U-Tapao Airport (UTP)
- 2-Day Bangkok to Pattaya Cycling Adventure
Central Festival Shopping Mall is the flagship shopping destination in Pattaya and is constantly popular with a varied mix of tourists and locals who flock there for the international brand clothing, varied eating options and all-weather entertainment, such as a cinema, bowling and children’s arcade. With a beachfront location and glass-paneled façade, Central Festival feels miles away from the cheap trinkets and polyester ‘Bad Boys Go To Pattaya’ T-shirts found in the stalls surrounding the mall on either side. Opened in 2009, the modern, ocean-facing design gives visitors a panoramic view of Pattaya Bay, which is an eye-catching backdrop to an afternoon’s shopping. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00-23:00
- Location: Between Soi 9 and Soi 10
Royal Garden Plaza was the originator of the ‘entertainment mall’ concept in Pattaya, bringing together family attractions and activities, a selection of restaurants, and international brand shopping, and it is still a blast of fresh, air-conditioned air to the beach city’s shopping scene. Occupying the full block between Beach Road and 2nd Road in Central Pattaya, the mall can be accessed from either side, but for the most impressive facade, go to the 2nd Road entrance and walk underneath the eye catching mock airplane that is half hanging out of the upper floors of the shopping centre. The plane belongs to Ripley’s Believe It or Not, a museum of oddball finds, unique curios and a central attraction at the mall. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:30 – 23:00
- Location: Between Soi 13/3 and Soi 13/2
Closed off to car traffic after sunset, Pattaya Walking Street sees business as usual during the day. Both sides of the street are sprinkled with shops selling mostly ‘antiques’, jewellery, paintings and souvenirs. But the main highlight is a handful of tailor shops where you can get bespoke clothes custom-made at affordable prices. It would be a mistake to jump at the cheapest deals or fastest delivery times, though, as quality tailoring takes time. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Open from morning to night (pedestrians only from 18:00)
- Location: Starting from where Beach Road meets South Pattaya Road, ends at Bali Hai Pier
Mike Shopping Mall is synonymous with great value basics such as swim suits and printed tees, alongside some classic souvenirs: Buddha images, carved elephants and fairy lights. Tourists flock here thanks to cheap prices and Mike Shopping Mall is busy late with friendly store owners and a very cosmopolitan feel. Be careful when buying brand name products as they may or may not be genuine, but for a few everyday items – and especially to pick up some inexpensive souvenirs – there’s nowhere better in Pattaya. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 to 23:00
- Location: Pattaya Beach Road and Second Road, between Soi 11 and Soi 12
- Tel: +66 3841 2000
For souvenirs, beach essentials and tacky goods, hit the beachfront stalls lining the southern stretch of Beach Road (south of Central Pattaya Road). Open all day and late into the night, goods here reflect a diverse array of enthusiasms: fake football shirts, surf shorts, bikinis, flick-knives, ethnic crafts, Buddha statues, rude T-shirts, even adults DVDs, stun guns, and decorative Samurai swords.
- Opening Hours: All day and all night
- Location: Pattaya Beach Road, from Central Festival down to Walking Street
- Tel: +66 3841 2000