Delight in a wide range of shows and demonstrations such as elephant training techniques, bathing, traditional roundup methods and the highlight, the ‘Glong Sabad Chai’ (victory drum ceremony) with a war elephant. The Elephant Village was opened in 1973 as a home for former working elephants, and they are in the full time care of the camp’s experienced mahouts. These domesticated elephants are too accustomed to living in the human environment to be released back into the wild. One other important factor is diminishing natural habitats, due to human encroachment and deforestation. This type of elephant sanctuary is one of the few available options that come to the ‘retired’ elephants’ rescue.
- Tiffany's Cabaret Show With VIP Seating
- Alcazar Cabaret Show with Transfers
- Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark Thailand
- Ko Samet Island Full-Day Excursion
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Half-Day Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Koh Larn Coral Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Elephant Trekking Half-Day Tour
- VIP Fast-Track Service: Pattaya U-Tapao Airport (UTP)
- 2-Day Bangkok to Pattaya Cycling Adventure
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Once a day, the elephants entertain visitors in a series of shows and also stand by for the elephant ride around the village’s forested landscape. Depending on the type of ticket you purchase at entry, you can choose to watch the 90-minute elephant show only (at 14:30 daily) or combine the show with an elephant trekking tour (1 hour) of the village and surrounding countryside. There’s also the third option which combines the elephant trekking tour with bamboo rafting and a ride on an ox-drawn cart (3.5 hours). At the Elephant Village, they live in a natural setting, with freedom to roam around freely when they are not performing to an audience
The trekking tours follow a pre-set schedule, so it’s a good idea to call ahead to check the departure time.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 19:00
- Location: Phonpraphanimit Road, off Sukhumvit Road at Km. 145 (between North and Central Pattaya)
- Tel: +66(0)38 428 648