If sleazy nightlife is just not you, try some traditional entertainment at one of the many pubs about town. For lively live music and dancing you could hit Pattaya's aforementioned discos. Mostly though it's rowdy US hip hop and Thai pop anthems at unspeakable volumes. Those craving a 'Stairway to Heaven' fix or Miles Davis-esque saxophone workout at ear-friendly levels needn't despair though.
-5 Ice Bar and Lounge
Dressing up in Eskimo coats and gloves seems bizarre in Pattaya – it’s a tropical city after all – but it’s a necessary prelude to the most unusual bar in the city. -5 Ice Bar is, quite simply, a bar made out of ice. Actually, it’s two bars: as you enter the building there is a Read More...
Green Tree is calmer, an al fresco bar-cum-restaurant with lush tropical vegetation dangling over the Thai band and patrons. It’s a place with a friendly crowd and laidback environment.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 01:00
- Location: 436/1, beside Soi 1 Beach Road
Gulliver’s is a complete contrast to its Khao San Road forefather in Bangkok. Instead of boozy crowds and cacophonous hits, this surprisingly grand affair has an elegant cream exterior, solid wood furniture, pool tables, good beer, quick service and free Internet.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 02:30
- Location: 436/583 Beach Road, next to Pattaya Holiday Inn Hotel
Henry J. Bean
Henry J. Bean offers a selection of refreshing beers and sensational cocktails mixed by professional bartenders, and live music. Henry J. Bean’s Bar and Grill serves excellent Tex-Mex food, its menu focuses on the open grill including well-prepared oversized burgers, steaks and fresh salads.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 01:00, Sunday 11:00 – 01:00
- Location: 240 Beach Road
Hopf Brew House
This charming three-storey Euro pub/restaurant known as Hopf Brew House has not-to-loud live music and very quaffable home-brewed beer concocted by a German beer master. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 15:00 – 01:00, 16:00 – 02:00 on Saturdays
- Location: 219, Soi 17 Beach Road (Soi Yamato)
Jazz Pit's rustic interior and jazz trio are very popular with aficionados.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 -24:00
- Location: 255 Soi 5 Pattaya Second Road
Shenanigans offers a comfy home-style mix of pub grub, draught beers, easy listening music, sports TV and friendly people. Don't forget to check out the all-day breakfast and super lunch saver sets – they’re served at attractive prices.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – late
- Location: The Avenue Unit D201, Second Road
- Tel: + 66 (0) 38 723 939 - 40
The Blues Factory
The Blues Factory has two live bands on its books. Earthy blues, R&B and rock each night, have earned this relatively long-standing venue (open since 2001) 'the best live music in Pattaya' moniker.
- Opening Hours: 20:30 – late
- Location: Soi Lucky Star, Walking Street