Island cruises in Pattaya give you the opportunity to enjoy the best of the beaches around the eastern seaboard’s biggest resort town. Sailing daily from Ocean Marina Yacht Club in Na Jomtien, they offer a care-free day of different activities for some very reasonable prices.
While the islands around Pattaya may not be on the same level of beauty as those in the south of Thailand, there are several which have remained relatively untouched, making them idyllic places to spend some time sunbathing on the fine white sand or swimming in the crystal clear Gulf of Thailand. You can also try your hand at water skiing, banana boating or fishing.
- Tiffany's Cabaret Show With VIP Seating
- Alcazar Cabaret Show with Transfers
- Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark Thailand
- Ko Samet Island Full-Day Excursion
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Half-Day Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Koh Larn Coral Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum
- VIP Fast-Track Service: Pattaya U-Tapao Airport (UTP)
- 2-Day Bangkok to Pattaya Cycling Adventure
The more popular stops for island cruises in Pattaya include Koh Rin, one of the Far Islands, which has stunning beaches and great coral reefs, making it also one of the most popular scuba diving sites in the area. The island is so small that it could not possibly support any kind of permanent infrastructure (its name translates as ‘Gnat Island’, which tells you exactly how small it is), so your visit will give you a nice Robinson Crusoe-feeling of peace and isolation.
Monkey Island is also an extremely popular destination. So named because the tiny scrap of rock has a resident population of hundreds of gibbons, it is always a fun experience because the animals are now so used to human interaction that they will come right up to accept fruit without even the slightest bashfulness.
There are a number of companies based at Ocean Marina Yacht Club providing regular tours and boat charter for island cruises in Pattaya. You can also sail around the busier near islands – including Coral Island, Koh Sak and Koh Phai – by sailing from Pattaya’s Bali Hai Pier. Prices are determined by the duration of the trip, which can be as little as a few hours and as much as a full day. The average price is about 1,500 – 2,000 baht per person for a good, long trip, with food and drinks included.
Island Cruises in Pattaya
- Opening Hours: Most depart at about 09:00 – 10:30
- Location: Ocean Marina Yacht Club, Na Jomtien