Thepprasit Boxing Stadium Pattaya is a simple Muay Thai stadium with a brutal and grungy sort of look and atmosphere. Very popular with locals, the tri-weekly fight nights see young hopefuls on the local Thai boxing circuit entering the fray, as well as some major national and international boxers.
Often also called the Fairtex Stadium and occasionally even known by its proper name – the Fairtex/Yokkao Thepprasit Stadium – this is the home of the Honour Muay Thai Gym and is the oldest stadium in Pattaya. It opened in 2006, and it really shows its age. The design is very simple, with 500 basic seats around the floodlit ring under a corrugated metal roof. There are no walls and no climate control, so it can get quite sweaty in there, particularly when the action in the ring is at its most thrilling.
- Tiffany's Cabaret Show With VIP Seating
- Alcazar Cabaret Show with Transfers
- Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark Thailand
- Ko Samet Island Full-Day Excursion
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Half-Day Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Koh Larn Coral Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Elephant Trekking Half-Day Tour
- VIP Fast-Track Service: Pattaya U-Tapao Airport (UTP)
- 2-Day Bangkok to Pattaya Cycling Adventure
Lacking the glitz and glamour of other Muay Thai stadiums in Pattaya, the Thepprasit Boxing Stadium Pattaya hosts fewer big-name fighters than other places in the area. Instead, many of the international boxers entering the ring on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings are those who have been training in the local gyms and camps, getting their first taste of a real bout. The match-ups are no less brutal and thrilling, particularly with the excited atmosphere of an audience cheering on people they know personally.
It is possible to get much closer to the ring at Thepprasit Boxing Stadium Pattaya than it is in most stadiums, though the privilege does come at a slight additional cost. Tickets cost 1,200 baht for seats in the stands and 1,500 baht to get close to the action. Prices for Thais are much lower, meaning that the audience most nights is predominantly local.
The stadium is quite easy to miss, being hidden down a narrow street off Thepprasit Road, close to the Sukhumvit Road end and just opposite the extremely popular Weekend Market. Snacks and drinks are available at a small onsite shop, costing about 50-100 baht each.
Thepprasit Boxing Stadium
- Opening Hours: Wed, Thu and Sat 20:00 - midnight
- Location: 193/15 Thepprasit Road Soi 2, Jomtien
- Price Range: 1,200 – 1,500 baht per person