Pattaya Boxing World is the premier Muay Thai stadium in the city, featuring a daily culture show to teach visitors about this exciting sport as well as biweekly live fights. With its modern facilities and décor, it has a glitzy and glamourous air like that of world title bouts at New York’s Madison Square Gardens, albeit on a smaller scale.
Opened in 2012, the Pattaya Boxing World stadium has 600 seats. Live bouts between local and international fighters are held every Wednesday and Friday from 20:00 to midnight, with as many as 11 fights in a single evening. While there is no dress code, these events do have the style and the sophistication of a major title fight. Also, the stadium is air-conditioned, so it can get quite cool in the stands, even while the action in the ring is at its hottest.
- Tiffany's Cabaret Show With VIP Seating
- Alcazar Cabaret Show with Transfers
- Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark Thailand
- Ko Samet Island Full-Day Excursion
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Half-Day Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Koh Larn Coral Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum
- VIP Fast-Track Service: Pattaya U-Tapao Airport (UTP)
- 2-Day Bangkok to Pattaya Cycling Adventure
The live Thai boxing matches can be quite brutal and are generally more ‘martial’ than ‘art’. By contrast, on Thursdays and Saturdays through to Tuesdays, the stadium is open from 18:00 to midnight for a culture show and exhibition fights. These teach the fascinating history of this unique aspect of Thai history, dating back more than four centuries, though they do lack much of the excitement of the fight nights.
Pattaya Boxing World is located along Sukhumvit Road, roughly opposite Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (convenient for the fighters, perhaps), adjacent to Mini Siam and Naklua Market. Ticket prices start from 1,000 baht per person (depending on where you buy from – you can often get a discount by booking a tour).
Pattaya Boxing World
- Opening Hours: Daily 18:00 – 24:00. Live fights every Wed and Fri 20:00 – 24:00
- Location: 387 Moo 6, Sukhumvit Road, Naklua
- Tel: +66 (0)3 872 6203
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Pattaya-Boxing-World-341514456052713