The annual Top of the Gulf Regatta is one of the biggest sailing events in Thailand. Entering its 13th year, it attracts a unique array of boat classes to Ocean Marina Yacht Club, just south of Pattaya, for four exciting days of racing on the Gulf of Thailand at the beginning of May.
While the Phuket King’s Cup Regatta takes the title of the largest event of this kind in Thailand (and in the rest of Asia, too), The Top of the Gulf Regatta is unique for being the only multi-class sailing event in the area. It was founded in 2005, when a series of smaller events were combined together into one big one, featuring keelboats, ocean multihulls, one-design Platus, beach catamarans, dinghies and Optimists.
- Tiffany's Cabaret Show With VIP Seating
- Alcazar Cabaret Show with Transfers
- Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark Thailand
- Ko Samet Island Full-Day Excursion
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Half-Day Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Koh Larn Coral Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum
- VIP Fast-Track Service: Pattaya U-Tapao Airport (UTP)
- 2-Day Bangkok to Pattaya Cycling Adventure
The racing is held over the long weekend formed by the Coronation Day national holiday and it incorporates the Coronation Cup (a one-design Platu contest established in 1996) as well as the Thailand Optimist National Championships. The opening ceremony on the evening of the first night and the gala dinner-cum-prize giving ceremony at the end are among the major events on the social calendar in Pattaya.
The waters around Pattaya are perfect for sailing. The wind is generally consistent and the waves are very rarely too rough, so it is highly unusual for a day of racing to be lost to unsuitable conditions. Most of the action takes place relatively close to the shore, making it possible to watch from Ocean Marina Yacht Club. Spectator boats are also available and the racing action is always keenly followed by the sailing press.
Top of the Gulf Regatta
- Location: Ocean Marina Yacht Club, Na Jomtien
- Tel: +66 (0)3 823 7427
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/topofthegulfregatta