Cable skiing offers a refreshing and energetic change of pace for people who tire of the endless lounging on the beach that seems to take up so much of many tourists’ days in Pattaya. Safer than being towed by a boat, cable skiing still offers the speed and unique sensation of slicing through water to excite even advanced wakeboarders, and it’s easier to learn too. Lake Land Cable Ski is a manmade, freshwater lake beside Sukhumvit Road, not far from Jomtien Beach and very easy to reach from anywhere in the Pattaya area (around 5km from Central Pattaya).
- Tiffany's Cabaret Show With VIP Seating
- Alcazar Cabaret Show with Transfers
- Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark Thailand
- Ko Samet Island Full-Day Excursion
- Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Half-Day Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Koh Larn Coral Island Day Trip with Lunch
- Elephant Trekking Half-Day Tour
- VIP Fast-Track Service: Pattaya U-Tapao Airport (UTP)
- 2-Day Bangkok to Pattaya Cycling Adventure
The place itself is not exactly sparkling and is showing a few signs of ageing but the cable itself is in perfect working order and they have a range of boards and life jackets. Turning off from Sukhumvit Road, you will pull up at a shaded ticket counter; customers can choose between two hours of wakeboarding or water skiing for 300 baht or all day for 500 baht. From there, it’s a short walk down a few steps to the cable operating area to get kitted out while the staff pump out Western chart hits to create a convivial atmosphere.
If it is your first time wakeboarding, the staff will give you a few basic tips to help you get the hang of it such as starting position and how to grip the handle but even total beginners will be able to complete the track before long. Each member of the group gets two loops of the approximately 300 metre lake which is certainly big enough for cable skiing, but is also clearly manmade and offers no interesting turns or cuts other than four, somewhat repetitive, lazy left-hand turns. For advanced boarders there are ramps kept behind the operating booth, but you must prove you are skilled enough before the staff would even dream of placing them in the water.
Other facilities include a small shop selling drinks and a limited menu of snacks and some deck chairs for chilling out or cheering on your friends from the comfort of dry land.
Pattaya Lake Land Cable Ski
- Opening Hours: 09:00-18:00
- Location: 90/1 Sukhumvit Rd. Na Kluea, 20150, Thailand Sukhumvit Rd., Na Kluea, Bang Lamung, Chonburi 20150 Thailand
- Price Range: 2 Hours = THB 300, All Day = THB 500