Bangkok has always been a city of cultural diversity, and that has long been reflected through a wide range of performing arts and entertainment, from the traditional 'Khon' (classical masked dance) and 'Likay' (Thai folk dance), to the glitz and glam of world-famous ladyboy shows - and even international Broadway productions. Bangkok has also played host to many big names in the entertainment business; the likes of concert pianists and prima ballerinas, soulful tenors and soprano divas...
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Night Shows in Bangkok
Aksra Puppet Show
The Bangkok Traditional Puppet Show at Aksra Theatre is one of Bangkok’s must-see attractions. Taking place on an elaborate stage, folk tales are told through the classic art of puppetry. Rather than being hidden away, the puppeteers are very much part of the show. Three puppeteers control the legs, arms and head of each puppet. Dressed in black, they blend into the background while the colorful puppets come to life. Both the puppets and puppeteers dance along with the live orchestra, featuring a combination of Thai and European instruments.
- Opening Hours: 10:00-18:00, showtime: 19:30 (Mon-Wed) and 18:30 (Thur-Sun)
- Location: King Power Duty Free Complex, Soi Rang Nam, near Victory Monument
- BTS: Victory Monument, Phyathai
- Tel: +66 (0)2 677 8888 ext. 5602, 5609, 5623
Calypso Cabaret at Asiatique
Calypso Cabaret Show at Asiatique gives you one of the warmest welcomes you can find in the land of smiles and does so in many different languages. Thailand is well known for ladyboys and Calypso showcases them doing what they love the most: dressing up to the nines and miming to Cher. Some of these ‘ladies’ have features that would make women jealous but this is an attractive illusion; they were all born men. The performers are keen to entertain and put on a good show and the best way to enjoy it is to don your imaginary feather boa and embrace their world of glitz, glamour and over-the-top drama.
- Opening Hours: Twice daily at 20:15 and 21:45
- Address: 2194 Charoenkrung 72-74 Road, Bangkok
Established in 1992 by Patravadi Mejudhon, an award-winning actress, stage director and playwright, the Patravadi Theatre complex is both an incubation centre for aspiring performing artists and a stage for enjoying Thai classical and modern dances. A visionary and an advocate for the preservation of Thailand’s artistic heritage, Patravadi introduces something that no one has ever attempted before: blending contemporary and classical Thai dance movements to create refreshingly different perspectives on traditional performances.
- Opening Hours: Everyday
- Location: 69/1 Soi Wat Rakang (Take a cab to Maharat pier near the Grand Palace and then ferry across the river.)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 412 7287
- How to get there: At BTS Sapan Taksin Station, take “Exit 1” and board the Chao Phraya Express Boat (North bound) to Wang Lang (Siriraj) Pier. On exiting the pier, turn left and walk 600 metres to the theatre. If taking a taxi, tell the driver “Rong Lakhon Patravadi” or “Wat Rakhang”.
Siam Niramit Bangkok
With its rich history that reads like an epic novel, Thailand is undoubtedly one of the most intriguing Asian nations, replete with over 700 years of captivating culture, customs and traditions. But just how Thailand's spawning seven centuries are brilliantly captured into a 90-minute production, Siam Niramit has the answer.
- Location: Tiamruammit Road, opposite Thailand Cultural Centre
- MRT: Thailand Cultural Centre Station, Exit 1
Muay Thai Live at Asiatique
Muay Thai Live at Asiatique Bangkok An Exciting Muay Thai Theatre Show In Bangkok ADD TO TRIP!26 EditMove Page Introductory Text Delete Muay Thai Live at Asiatique Bangkok is an exciting theatrical show combining entertaining performances with the ancient martial art of Muay Thai boxing. Great for theatre enthusiasts, families or just anybody wanting to get an exhilarating insight into Thai culture, this 90 minute show really left us impressed, eager to don our skimpy shorts and get into the ring ourselves.
Having celebrated its one year anniversary, Bangkok’s hit stage show MUAY THAI LIVE : THE LEGEND LIVES has re-launched as a “double-bill” edition combining its world-class stage show THE LEGEND LIVES with a new attraction: MUAY THAI LIVE BOXING: WARRIORS RISING, featuring live Muay Thai fights. This Bangkok show runs Tuesday - Sunday (closed Mondays) from 20:00 at The Stage, a modern 600-seater theatre within the excellent Asiatique The Riverfront night market.
- Opening Hours: 20:00 Tues - Sun (closed Monday)
- Location: HE STAGE Theatre, Asiatique Bangkok, Chareonkrung Soi 74-76