Yodpiman River Walk is a lifestyle mall focusing on a heritage theme inspired by the architecture of Thailand’s Ayuthaya period. Ornate, period fixtures are fitted throughout – very much in keeping with the feel of Old City Bangkok. Opened in late-2014, this is a fine place to spend an afternoon with a wide promenade offering great river views and a cooling breeze, souvenir shopping, plenty of restaurants and snack stalls, and a large beer garden with live night time entertainment.
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Many of Bangkok’s most popular historical and cultural attractions are close to the shopping mall, including the Grand Palace, the reclining Buddha of Wat Pho and the Museum of Siam, making this the perfect place to take a break from sightseeing.
As the name suggests, Yodpiman River Walk is directly behind the famous Bangkok Flower Market (Talad Pak Klong) in Old City Bangkok, and is a welcome addition to an area that has been starved of shopping and leisure facilities.
The main draw right now are the range of restaurants, which include traditional Thai restaurateur, Je Ngor, the popular Japanese franchise, Ootoya, and plenty more cafes and bistros serving a variety of regional cuisine.
As Yodpiman River Walk is built along the river (renovated from a dilapidated river market) the dimensions are long and narrow. The first floor is under-cover, with shops and snack stalls worthy of a browse.
From the open-air, second floor promenade the view is lovely. Several famous Thai temples are located on the opposite side of the river – in particular, the stunning rounded stupas of Wat Arun which are lit up magnificently after sunset.
Perfect for a relaxing break from the cultural pursuits of Old City Bangkok, we predict Yodpiman River Walk will be a big hit due the focus on the beauty of the heritage architecture and the stunning setting on the bank of the Chao Phraya River.
Yodpiman River Walk at Bangkok Flower Market
- Address: Soi Tha Klang, Wang Burapha Phirom, (Behind the Bangkok Flower Market)