YenakArt Villa Bangkok is one of the trendiest art spaces in the city. Residing in a beautifully maintained, modernist house in the swanky backstreets of Sathorn, the white washed walls and brushed concrete floors provide a suitably blank canvas on which to display an ever revolving collection of painting and sculpture. Exhibitions usually run for a month.
Yenak Art Gallery operates by appointment only for the majority of the time but there are a number of open house sessions when anyone can drop by, often with the artist in attendance to talk through their work and give you a deeper understanding of the art on display. Check out their Facebook page for my details (details below).
The brainchild of partners behind some of Sathorn’s coolest bars and restaurants (Issaya Siamese Club, Kom-Ba-Wa), YenakArt Bangkok focuses on modernist styles in a range of media. Exhibitions have included photography by Russian artist Olga Volodina, photography and installations by Maitree Siriboon, a prominent Thai artist, and a collection of abstract canvases by French artist Pierre Bonnefille.
Find the art gallery inside charming grounds just off Yenak Art Road Soi 2. The gallery is well signposted once in the neighbourhood.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
- Opening Hours: 14:00-19:00 (by appointment only unless otherwise stated)
- Location: 69 Soi Prasat Suk, Yen Akat Road, Sathorn (look for the signs off Yen Akart Road Soi 2)
- Tel: +66 (0)81 668 6964
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/yenakartvilla