W District is a community mall with a focus on shopping, dining and entertainment, all brought together with an emphasis on urban modern art – from surrealist sculpture to stylish graffiti. Located next to Phrakanong BTS Skytrain Station, this is the first mall of its kind in lower Sukhumvit and is likely to become a central hub of activity in the area.
W District in Phrakanong is actually comprised of several sections, with the stylish new Beat Hotel; lively W Market with plenty of food stalls, boutique shops and weekend street market; large HOF Art Gallery selling and displaying a range of Thailand’s most promising artists; and, on the rooftop of the 46-storey Le Luk Condominium, there is a sophisticated sky bar called Ciello.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
The W Market dining section is currently the most popular section at W District. With its easy-going beer garden atmosphere, full courtyard of food and snack stalls, and reasonably priced beer (500 baht for a three litre tower) it is attracting a pleasant mix of Thais and expat foreigners.
The food stalls open every night from 18:00, and on Friday and Saturday nights there is live music from a Thai cover band that play popular hits in Thai and English. Kooky art sculptures are scattered around so there is always something interesting to look at and there are plenty of fans to keep you cool. The boutique shops next to the dining area are open all day and include ladies fashion, accessories and a hair stylist.
Currently the main four-storey W District Mall is largely unoccupied, although there are plans in place and it should fill up with tenants soon. In the meantime, they are making good use of the entertainment space on the fourth floor with a series of free live performances on some Friday nights.
W District Community Mall
- Opening Hours: Shops open from 11:00; Restaurants 18:00 – 24:00. Zeppelin: 11:00 – 2:00
- Location: Sukhumvit Soi 71, 20 metres from Phrakanong BTS Skytrain Station
- BTS: Phrakanong