W District is a community mall with a focus on shopping, dining and entertainment, all brought together with an emphasis on urban modern art – from surrealist sculpture to stylish graffiti. Located next to Phrakanong BTS Skytrain Station, this is among the very few malls of its kind in lower Sukhumvit and is a central hub of activity in the area.
W District in Phrakanong is comprised of several sections, with the stylish new Beat Hotel; lively W Market with plenty of food stalls, boutique shops and a weekend street market, and on the rooftop of the 46-storey Le Luk Condominium, there’s a sophisticated sky bar called Cielo.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Highlights of W District in Bangkok
The W Market dining section is currently the most popular section at W District. With its easygoing beer garden atmosphere, a full courtyard of food and snack stalls, and reasonably priced beer, it attracts a pleasant mix of Thais and expat foreigners.
The food stalls open every night from 6am, and on Friday and Saturday nights, there’s often live music from a Thai cover band playing popular hits in Thai (and English).
Eccentric art sculptures are scattered around so there’s always something interesting to look at and there are plenty of fans to keep you cool. The boutique shops next to the dining area are open all day and include ladies’ fashion, accessories and a hairstylist.
W District Community Mall
- Opening Hours: Shops open daily from 11am to midnight, restaurants daily from 4pm to midnight
- Location: 1599 Sukhumvit Road, Phrakhanong, Watthana, Bangkok 10110
- BTS: Phrakanong
- Tel: +66 (0)2 381 2277