W District Community Mall in Bangkok
Lifestyle Mall at Phrakanong BTS Skytrain Station0
W District is a community mall with a focus on shopping, dining and entertainment, all brought together with an emphasis on urban modern art – from surrealist sculpture to stylish graffiti. Located next to Phrakanong BTS Skytrain Station, this is the first mall of its kind in lower Sukhumvit and is likely to become a central hub of activity in the area.
W District in Phrakanong is actually comprised of several sections, with the stylish new Beat Hotel; lively W Market with plenty of food stalls, boutique shops and weekend street market; large HOF Art Gallery selling and displaying a range of Thailand’s most promising artists; and, on the rooftop of the 46-storey Le Luk Condominium, there is a sophisticated sky bar called Ciello.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour
The W Market dining section is currently the most popular section at W District. With its easy-going beer garden atmosphere, full courtyard of food and snack stalls, and reasonably priced beer (500 baht for a three litre tower) it is attracting a pleasant mix of Thais and expat foreigners.
The food stalls open every night from 18:00, and on Friday and Saturday nights there is live music from a Thai cover band that play popular hits in Thai and English. Kooky art sculptures are scattered around so there is always something interesting to look at and there are plenty of fans to keep you cool. The boutique shops next to the dining area are open all day and include ladies fashion, accessories and a hair stylist.
Currently the main four-storey W District Mall is largely unoccupied, although there are plans in place and it should fill up with tenants soon. In the meantime, they are making good use of the entertainment space on the fourth floor with a series of free live performances on some Friday nights.
W District Community Mall
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Shops open from 11:00; Restaurants 18:00 – 24:00. Zeppelin: 11:00 – 2:00
- Location: Sukhumvit Soi 71, 20 metres from Phrakanong BTS Skytrain Station
- BTS: Phrakanong