UNCLE Cocktail Bar Sathorn
Bangkok Cocktail Bar0
Located on the third floor of Lady Brett restaurant on Sathorn Soi 12, U.N.C.L.E – short for United Nations of Cocktail Lovers Everywhere – is an atmospheric bar and hangout space with a mixed crowd of expats and Thais. It follows a vague speakeasy vibe with hidden doors and winding staircases making it hard to find for first-timers (plus its only open from Wednesday to Friday), but cocktail lovers take note: this place is very serious about drinks. From the apothecary behind the bar, tipples are whisked and shaken into a variety of vintage glassware, and every single drink does feel like an experience. That’s a good thing too because at around 400 baht per drink, a session in U.N.C.L.E doesn’t come cheap.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Cocktails are expertly mixed but nonetheless heady due to the extravagant mix of flavours. For example, the Tea Trader is a mix of Hennessy infused with chamomile, calvados, sugar, bitters, and a drop of absinthe and Poire Williams brandy. Other cocktails make use of such diverse flavours as peanut butter, and herb-infused syrups.
If you get peckish while imbibing, you have the choice of steak (Thai and American cuts to choose from) or mussels, cooked in a variety of ways but we can’t look past the mariniere white wine sauce for 790 baht. If you prefer, you can also order from the Lady Brett menu downstairs.
U.N.C.L.E is a lavish cocktail bar for a special occasion, when you are looking for a place with a cool, urban vibe. This is not the kind of bar you would come to everyday – proven by the fact they are only open three days a week. The bar is quite small (only five people can fit up at the bar) so large groups should call ahead.
UNCLE Cocktail Bar
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 18:00-24:00 Wednesday to Friday
- Location: Sathorn Soi 12 (located on the third floor above Lady Brett restaurant)
- BTS: Chong Nonsi
- Tel: +66 (0)2 635 0405