The Local Bangkok is a traditional fine-dining Thai restaurant in the heart of Bangkok. The restaurant serves delicious home-cooked Thai food in a traditional wooden house in the Asoke area of Sukhumvit.
Inspired by traditional Thai cooking and cuisine from the past, The Local Bangkok dishes up beautifully-presented dishes from its extensive menu, with over 70 modern Thai options on offer. Start with the tasty mixed plate called Ruam Kam Aroy, which includes khao soy soup, lemongrass shrimp and fried chicken wrapped in a pandanus leaf to seal in all the juices (250 baht). Be sure to sample one of the stars of the menu, the Gaeng Run Juan, a traditional Thai curry that includes thin strips of beef steak cooked in a shrimp and lime paste. The Pla Ta Pien Tom Kem (380 baht) is slow-cooked fish, simmered for over 20 hours and mixed with The Local's secret recipe sauce, and is another popular dish from the menu.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Owner and chef at The Local Bangkok, Cann, bases his cuisine on his mother's home cooking, combined with some of the ancient forgotten recipes of the Royal Thai kitchen. The décor is also reminiscent of the glory of Thailand and features King Rama V styling throughout with vintage exhibits and old photos. The dining room pays great tribute to its majestic menu and its unique and hard-to-find recipes.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:30 – 14:30, 17:30 – 23:00
- Address: 32-32/1 Sukumvit 23, Klong Toey Nue, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
- Tel: +66 (0)2 664 0664