The Sukhothai Sunday brunch is a classy affair, with each food island presenting pan-regional cuisine of incredibly good quality. Add to that genteel surroundings and personalised service for an excellent Sunday brunch in Bangkok. It is hosted in the Colonnade Restaurant of Sukhothai Bangkok hotel.
This Sunday brunch has an elegant, almost-regal feeling. Certainly, it is the top pick for visiting parents or a refined afternoon with discerning guests. Louie Roeder champagne packages are available for extra special occasions.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Highlights include whole Foie gras canard cooked a la minute and served with a chutney, four choices of oysters imported from across Europe, sushi, sashimi, and a huge short rib roast beef joint. More than 10 types of cheeses, including a fantastic raclette grilled cheese served with pickles and cured meats.
The buffet selection has been carefully curated so that everything on offer is something special. Even the least popular section of the Sukhothai Sunday brunch, the thai food, is still popular, with a hard-to-find Khao Soi (a speciality of Chiang Mai) and some spicy salads the pick of the section. While the selection of food isn’t as vast as some other high-end five-star hotel brunches in Bangkok, it’s the exacting quality of each and every offering that sets it apart.
There’s also the chance to enjoy live jazz courtesy of the house three-piece band and Coco, a Jazz Diva all the way from the US. This American songstress runs through three sets of jazz classics.
The Sukhothai Bangkok is a stunning hotel, full of period fixtures and calming lily ponds that evoke a colonial charm. With large gardens and tall trees, the hustle of Bangkok feels miles away while you enjoy your world delicacies to the dulcet tones of some jazz standards.
- Location: The Sukhothai Bangkok, 13/3 South Sathorn Road
- BTS: Sala Daeng
- Tel: +66 (0) 2344 8888
- Price Range: 3,000 food only; 4,500 with unlimited wine, champagne and other alcohol